Drew Pritchard - classic cars - mini pickup

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
iain1967s

Re: Drew Pritchard - classic cars - mini pickup

Post by iain1967s »

Watched it last night. No way that was going to get £20k+ after Drew had messed with it.

To my eye, mini pickups look better with tonneau covers over the bed, rather than tilt frames.
It emphasises how small they really are :)

And what was that ridiculous sliding alloy box all about - total waste of time and money.

But the car itself though was quite nice. Get rid of all the tat and it could make a nice honest motor.

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Having seen it on a website, its not as bad as I imagined.

I'd agree with Iain about it. The box is stupid and the union jack looks tacky.

Personally, if the buck is excellent, I'd leave it open, although a tonneau is OK.

But it isn't worth £18K .. get rid of the crap and it'll sell for around £13k IMO.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I saw this last night. That tilt was VILE!
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

Woody, i see that the Bicester Heritage Scramble is now listed for 4th October 2020 .will you invite those Ladies again as they will need relevant PPE probably Gowns ;)

woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

They are always welcome, but I gather have a busy schedule of engagements. I hope Oct 4th will be warm otherwise they might get nippy.

Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

woodypup59 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:15 am
They are always welcome, but I gather have a busy schedule of engagements. I hope Oct 4th will be warm otherwise they might get nippy.
Lets hope so :lol: :lol:

111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Did I miss the one with the Lotus Elise ?. I see it's up for sale on his website but it says they're looking for someone to appear on the show if they're interested in buying it. For someone who harps on about originality and patina as being of utmost importance on his other show he doesn't half ruin some of these cars. Mind you, some of the salvage stuff he sells after a wipe with a bit of french polish would be straight in the bead blaster and powder coated if I had it, so what do I know :)

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

111Robin wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:52 pm
. For someone who harps on about originality and patina as being of utmost importance on his other show he doesn't half ruin some of these cars.
The last episode with the VW Cabriolet was a real lesson in how that man talks originality up, only to try and recreate it wholesale. I would not buy anything off him because he is a total and utter ****************** (insert an word(s) you like).
'ad a luv affair wiv Nina, in da back of my Cortina...

111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

surfblue63 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:20 pm
111Robin wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:52 pm
. For someone who harps on about originality and patina as being of utmost importance on his other show he doesn't half ruin some of these cars.
The last episode with the VW Cabriolet was a real lesson in how that man talks originality up, only to try and recreate it wholesale. I would not buy anything off him because he is a total and utter ****************** (insert an word(s) you like).
What cracks me up are the lengths he goes to in order to "recreate patination" on furniture etc. In other words he's faking its true condition to make it look aged. What's original about that ?. That's like taking a nice restored Mk1 and pouring brake fluid all over it and kicking in the doors to make it look "authentic". Crazy.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Old news, but it's always good to drag it up when that odious turd's name crops up.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/tv/sal ... h-14412075
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.