7th MK1 Action Day - CANCELLED!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Pete

Re: 7th MK1 Action Day & Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

Post by Pete »

irlmin wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 pm
The power of social distancing .jpg

A sobering reminder how important the above is .G
I think that’s the current thinking and the reason I expect a much bigger clampdown on public movement sometime very soon!

Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Not all bad.........
9839DFB2-F056-4D8E-9755-784A94B630FD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Blyton Park Action Day 2020
Coronavirus Update (19.03.20)

Pete & myself are acutely aware of concerns about this years event at Blyton on May the 3rd.

As of this morning, we have not had any further information from either Blyton Park or more importantly Javelin regarding the current Government advice to avoid large gatherings of people.

We would strongly recommend that people DO NOT cancel their booking with Javelin at this time, as it is looking increasingly likely that the current Government advice will be revised in the very near future, this is more than likely to effect the situation regarding cancellations, refunds etc.

We would both like to assure all people who have booked places on our event & those currently planning on attending that we will always act in your best interests at all times.
Mark F
Forum founder, backer & only admin for nearly 20 years.
I Must be f*&%^g mad

Pete

Post by Pete »

Just to reassure you all that me and Mark are talking to Javelin and each other regularly about this. There are things going on behind the scenes to look out for the best interest of all who have booked and paid. This situation changes every day as the government clamp down on social gathering and I’d be very surprised if that doesn’t continue into next week and the week after. We do apologise for the lack of detail, we should have news on whether Blyton will go ahead soon but just want to reiterate what Mark said that we advise you all not to cancel your bookings.

More soon.

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Well done fellas.

Al

Oneball

Post by Oneball »

Thanks Pete.

Julian Harber

Post by Julian Harber »

As always Mark & Pete are do a great job - Thanks chaps appreciate it !

aquamini

Post by aquamini »

Everyone get a grip, we all have someone !!! think

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Following continued discussions with Javelin, We will have definitive news regarding Blyton by the end of this week. We have however been assured that "no one will loose out". Please hold tight & watch this space.

Mark & Pete.
Mark F
I Must be f*&%^g mad

mk1
Site Admin

Re: 7th MK1 Action Day - CANCELLED!

Post by mk1 »

7th MK1 Action day - CANCELLED!

I am sure it doesn't come as a surprise to anyone to read that our 7th MK1 Action Day has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

Peter & myself have been in regular contact with Javelin for a couple of weeks now & this has become inevitable in the light of the prevailing advice. We have been working with Javelin towards this announcement for some time now.

All places will be credited in full.

Please wait to be contacted by Javelin.

This will happen within the next week or so. They currently have over 1000 bookings that they are working through in chronological order. It would be a great help if you could wait to be contacted rather than contact them direct.

At this very worrying time we would like to thank you for your patience & understanding & hopefully we can look forward to our next event to be held in happier times.

Mark & Pete.
Mark F
I Must be f*&%^g mad