mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:33 pm 

I have noticed that when visiting UK on line sites they all have contact us on the home page. I fill in the
required and all lines but never seem to get a reply. Yes, they also have a phone number and I have not
tried calling. Just wondering if this is normal. Steve (CTR)

As a one man shop I would rather a text of email. Seems when the phone rings I'm always packing wheel
bearings or under a car at a poor point to stop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:04 pm 

Hi Steve
I don’t think it’s usual but is frequently the case
It seems that not wanting to publicise your email address is the root cause of the problem
So many phishing systems scan websites to obtain email addresses.
The contact form avoids this but often does not get a reply....shame really as it must lead to lots of lost business.
For my own part I try to respond immediately to contact form enquiries, even pulling over whilst driving to attend to my potential business customers.
I secured our OE suppliers endorsement following a random enquiry from Porsche factory racing...no one else had bothered to reply either in this case!!
Clearly they did not need the work and we were the best anyway ha ha.
Trevor
http://www.pro-seat.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Unquestioning tool of the much misunderstood Mysterons.
That is a ridiculous question.

How can you possibly lump all businesses in the UK together in this way. I very much doubt you have tried more than a handful.

We may not be as big as the States, but we do have a population of nearly 60,000,000 with more than a handful of businesses still managing to function.

Your question is as daft as me saying "I saw Donald Trump on the TV this evening, are all Americans as stupid as he appears to be"?

I know that am am coming over as arsey in this example, but it has really annoyed me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 pm 

You sure you're not getting Emails back and have gone into your Spam folder ? Just an idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:10 pm 

From my business side - if it comes through and is not spam I respond - but often the reply is bounced back to me as undeliverable, either an incorrect email address or more often some filter somewhere in the system picks it out and dumps it back or just looses it in the eather for no apparent reason. In this respect as well there is no guarantee your message got through and the company would never know about it

Unfortunatley the web and email system is not infallable and I find it somewhat futile the more we are been forced to rely on it. That said it is also bloody brilliant as well for a multitude of reasons

Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:12 am 

Sorry if I licked the red off your candy. I understand it's your board and if you want to run down
all engine builders that's OK. You also seem to like dropping the F bomb. And I can't help but
wonder what politics have to do with anything. I guess this is not the place to ask about
anything UK related. Steve (CTR)