2020 MINI ACTION DAY

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
MANLEY

2020 MINI ACTION DAY

Post by MANLEY »

FROM WHAT IVE READ ON THIS FORUM THE DATE TO TRY AND GET YOUR MINI BOOKED IN FOR THE DAY ETC,WOULD BE ABOUT 8 WEEKS PRIOR TO MAY THE 3RD,HAVING NEVER TRIED TO BOOK THIS EVENT IN THE PAST COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BOOKINGS DO OPEN .EITHER ON THIS FORUM OR BLYTON RACE TRACK ,I AM NEW TO THIS ACTION DAY.

surfblue63

Re: 2020 MINI ACTION DAY

Post by surfblue63 »

As mentioned in this topic...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27034&p=235437&hili ... ay#p235437

...the booking line will open on March 1st. In the last few years the event has been fully booked within a couple of days. I would suggest that you click on the Subscribe Topic (top left just below new topic) and set up a notification option. Then you will be notified when the topic has had a new post as Mark will most likely put a post on the thread when the booking line is actually open with the required link and booking code. You can add up to two extra drivers if you want to share your car.
To participate Javelin ask you to produce your driving licence on the day and that you wear a crash helmet (open or full face if your car is a tin top, full face if your car is open) and long sleeves.
Alternatively you could just keep clicking on the Javelin site on 1st March to see when the booking opens.
This year it maybe slightly different as there is going to be a half day option, something which has not been done before. This is so that it will be possible for more people to have a go as some find they have had enough by lunch time and may opt for the shorter half day option.
I've been to all the Actions Days as a participant, a spectator, photographer and vendor and to be honest it is a great day what ever you do.

Richspec

Re: 2020 MINI ACTION DAY

Post by Richspec »

When bookings open you go to the Javelin website and find the listing for the action day. It may ask for a password which Mark (Mk1) will provide.
You just follow the option, selecting what you want, you can additional drivers, helmet hire, driver training etc. then pay. You'll then get emails from Javelin giving further instructions, giving details on the day, most importantly what time driver registration opens and when the driver briefing takes place. At sign on and briefing you get stickers and wristbands which show the people on the circuit entrance that you have signed on and attended the briefing.
Wanna see what I'm playing with? Youtube Channel
Caution ;) may contain 8 Ports, Xe's and VTec's, I don't do standard!