mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:29 pm 

My first mini is still my only mini. It was super original, it’s now mine and I still love it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 pm 

Mine was a M reg mk3 1000 in cow pat green.. I modified it by putting it in a ditch near Guiting Power!! :D

Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 pm 

My first one, taken in 1980 after it had got the first MOT. Purchased for the sum of 90 quid.

First job was to get some sills on it as they had dissolved, second, fit a smaller steering wheel which I think was an Astrali taken from a mini van in the local second hand parts emporium.

My mother's 850 is in front.

Think it needed air in the front tyre....

Typical BMC/BL door and boot gaps on view.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:48 am 

Got a Lime Green 1975 Innocenti 1001, in 1985.

had to weld and paint several times, and probably have to do it all over again. No tweaking except for LCB and K&N, but took it to the Philippines for three years. There went to the highest, most norther and most southern point of Luzon. Still have some mini mates from the time.

but on bringing it back, lacking a licence, it will require a lot of work, but simply cannot bring myself to sell it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:11 pm 

mine was a 1961 Austin Seven , obvious an 850 , surf blue ,bought it in 1966 , what did i do to it :lol: :lol: :lol: thrashed f**K out it :lol: , did a load of shaggin in it :D , run into the back of another car with it :lol: , run into the side of another car with it :lol: , run in to mams gates :o , traded it without an MOT to car dealers in Sheffield , subframe had collapsed and i put a spring over the shocker to level it , kidded them on that it had an MOT until i handed over the documents after signing the hire purchase agreement , then it was to late :lol: :lol: :lol: , head salesman says you will have to pay for any repairs that it needs , i just smiled and walked out of the show room and drove off in my new car :lol: :lol: , not to often that a car salesman gets done over :lol: :lol: , well you did ask Mark ;) ;) picture of me on the left and my mate at Newqay , 1967 summer of love ,great times.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:55 pm 

1971 was a lot of firsts for me . My 1st job in a Speed Equipment/ Tyre /Race car Engineering shop.
1st time I got money for doing something I liked instead of mowing the lawn or other crap jobs that parents want you to do.
1st car, a low milage excellent condition grey coloured minivan 850cc of BMC magic I thought.
Not long after, It had a coat of surf blue paint, black trim and mag wheels.It looked good so it had to perform as well. Speedwell inlets, hs2s, lcb and a loud exhaust. A sports steering wheel, drop bracket and a used racing harness did the trick.

After a few months of a good thrashing the poor engine was breathing heavily and bleeding oil badly 2nd gear synchro was toast. It had cried enough.
I was fortunate enough to find a barrel rolled Cooper that donated all its running gear so the van was cooperized. Bees knees I thought. It looked good, went good so it should smell good. A dose of Castrol R
was added to the fuel for weekend hooning.What a tosser!!

The car copped a hiding for a couple of years only needing a clutch and some re wiring after a fire in the engine room. Unfortunately too many days at the surf beach and no rust proofing reduced it to not very much.Sadly I sold it to a Mini wrecking business complete but very rusty.
That was my 1st car but it gave me a life long love for minis so much so that I still have my 2nd, 3rd and 4th
Minis covered in my garage. In todays climate he got a bargain, 's' speedo and gauges, speedwell inlets,
mag wheels and Cooper engine and running gear. I'll give ya $60 for it mate he said.

Glen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:54 pm 

First mini, a black clubby, SLA955L

Loved the car, had it resprayed, got a 1300GT engine for £30, rebuilt it with a minispares close ratio exchange box, piper 270 cam. Fitted 7.5 inch 1275GT discs and servo. Just about run it in then it got nicked and never saw it again :-( All I have is these photos. Never seen the wheels on another mini. Any idea what they were?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:17 pm 

Do I get extra Mk1 forum brownie points for a finding a pic of the first modification we did to my wife's mini??

The pic is circa 1989 and a 202 head is being fitted to her super deluxe.

Clearly it would also need wider wheels to cope with all that power!!

;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:55 pm 

Hey i still have a set of those Halfords Ramps..I keep them as a reminder of my past struggles outside in the rain with rubber drive couplings.
I see you only used your Ramps when the Sun was out :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:21 pm 

NGE 427V, Mini 1000, bought it in 1986 and stuffed it into a tree in 87, didn't get a chance to do anything to it. However many of its parts lived on in later cars so wasn't a complete loss. Still have the boot lid somewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next