Not an inch to spare!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
zbarbera

Not an inch to spare!

Post by zbarbera »

I think I could fit a sheet of paper or two if I needed to, but that’s about it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7, March 1963 Austin Cooper 1071 S

zbarbera

Re: Not an inch to spare!

Post by zbarbera »

Close up of the front
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

i have a similar issue .. my solution was to modify the Garage roof space to then add a 4 Post Lift .. this has been the best present ever to myself .. now the Lift stores a car up the top & no need to grovel under the car for inspection & repairs ;)

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Polarsilver wrote:i have a similar issue .. my solution was to modify the Garage roof space to then add a 4 Post Lift .. this has been the best present ever to myself .. now the Lift stores a car up the top & no need to grovel under the car for inspection & repairs ;)
That sounds soooo tempting!!

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

this ramp has a low main frame height and is mobile and 240v ..£1800+vat

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Ramp frame 8ft, so you can get one mini on and one under with only 9ft ceiling height ...I think

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

what is the floor fixing of the ramp Nick? Bolts into concrete or legs the lower car drives over, or both?

Al

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Pandora wrote:what is the floor fixing of the ramp Nick? Bolts into concrete or legs the lower car drives over, or both?

Al
It's free standing ,legs you drive over. You just use the built in Jack to lift it slightly and can move it about

Catmint

Post by Catmint »

What kind of wieght is it rated at then - tempting next time I need to waxoil the landy :D

zbarbera

Post by zbarbera »

Unfortunately, as you can see in the pic, I have no room to go up. But we are taking about getting an addition and one option is to put it where the garage is today and rebuild the garage. So, if I can get it a few feet deeper, I’ll be golden!