OGU687D

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Mk164s

OGU687D

Post by Mk164s »

Does anynody know the history on this car please?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1161443

Simon

mk1
Site Admin

Re: OGU687D

Post by mk1 »

I believe that Nippycars Fred had some dealings with JD Classics Minis.
Mark F
"I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley".

nippycars

Post by nippycars »

I did, :evil: :twisted: :evil: but that isn’t one of mine, I’m pretty sure Scott Turner did that one,

coopertim
Location: In the garage spending far more time and money than my wife agreed to! Lincolnshire UK

Post by coopertim »

I’m sure Nev bought that one back from the states unrestored and then as Fred said it was passed on to Scott Turner who restored it for the new owner. Mini world feature car early last year.

Tim

Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

Yep it was one of mine, good original car, we started restoring it but it was going to hold up progress on my Radford HB so off it went! I sold it to Scott and Scott restored it for JD. Here’s a photo of it pre resto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

I’m completely lost with this car. Why is the word original used with the final outcome? It is an absolutely stunning car, but entirely a recreation from top to bottom? Have I missed something? :?: :?:

Alan

Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

Original shell, original glass, original running gear, original engine and box etc etc etc. All restored toffee new with new Newton interior just as the big money boys want them! All so they look nice beside there reshelled DB5 ;)

Old English White

Post by Old English White »

To be fair, that is probably about as original as you can reasonably expect a 1960s restored Cooper S to be isn't it? The seller is being quite open about its restoration from a US import.

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

It looked cool as it was too Nev !, love the look of an unrestored genuine S, reminds me of the Red Mini "408ROO" from Blyton a few years ago
Steve "Murph"
---------------------------------------------
1960 Morris Mini-Minor 1380 KEC112

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Nevsmini wrote:Original shell, original glass, original running gear, original engine and box etc etc etc. All restored toffee new with new Newton interior just as the big money boys want them! All so they look nice beside there reshelled DB5 ;)
I’ve a friend who has a completely original 1966 North American Austin Cooper S in time warp condition. It is the most original Cooper S I’ve seen in years. It is LHD and the owner Paul wouldn’t dream of converting it to RHD. Neville you will see this car later this month I believe? :D

Alan