mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 pm 

"The DVLA are bringing in new rules regarding retention documents and certificates of entitlement (V778 and V750) which could affect many people with private plates. The changes will be implemented on December 18th this year and the new rules state that out of date certificates will no longer be renewed.
The current system for out of date certificates
Currently, if a certificate is out of date, and it expired on or after 1 May 2011 it is possible to renew the certificate by paying £25 for every year to get it up to date but this will no longer be the case from 18th December 2019. So, if you have an out of date retention document or certificate of entitlement, it’s very important to act now or you risk losing your rights to your plates entirely.
What you need to do
If these changes affect you and your documents are out of date, you need to act now and get up to date before the cut off date of December 18th. The fee for each year, or part year since expiration is £25. You’ll need to fill out the form on your documentation and send it to the DVLA along with the fee owed. If you don’t have your documentation, you need to write to the DVLA giving a reason for not having the document, along with the fee, details of your number plate and proof of your name and address.
Renew it or risk losing it
Failure to comply with these new regulations has some serious consequences, you are effectively giving up your rights to your plate, so it is imperative that you check any plates you have on retention and ensure they are up to date."
https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle ... ertificate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 am 

Thanks for this info .. first i have heard of this.. another DVLA way of making money :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:16 am 

Got one on retention that I have had for 2 years now. Its for my youngest son when he reaches the tender age of 17 to put on a car, 4 1/2 years to go.
Matching L444 *** plates that my wife, eldest son and I already have on our cars (with our initials).

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4