Oldest Cooper S back on ebay - again

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
coopertim

Re: Oldest Cooper S back on ebay - again

Post by coopertim »

It can’t be the oldest though, mine was built 13th May 63 and it’s a Morris! 42nd built!

Tim
Morris Cooper ‘S’ 1071 YVH 850

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

I see its suffering from upside down door card syndrome ... Rich, where are you ?! :lol: :lol:

Is that a real Rolex in the photos ?
Last edited by Andrew1967 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeA

Post by GeorgeA »

coopertim wrote:It can’t be the oldest though, mine was built 13th May 63 and it’s a Morris! 42nd built!

Tim
My Morris was built on the 15th of May 63

finchy533

Post by finchy533 »

Andrew1967 wrote:Is that a real Rolex in the photos ?
It's a Tudor, a Rolex sub-brand that tend to use off-the-shelf ETA movements rather than Rolex's own. Bit like having an A-plus block in an S.

It's actually a really nice watch, unless you go round telling everyone it's a Rolex... ;)

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Not quite relative to Uncle bob and his Tudor but close..... In the watch repair business we used to have a saying that if you're just simply filthy rich and flash, then get a Rolex. If you are rich and have style, then get an Omega. But if you are rich, have style want reliability and work for a living, then get a Longines

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Or get a £3 market special & chuck it when the battery runs out in 3 or 4 years.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

iain1967s

Post by iain1967s »

mk1 wrote:Or get a £3 market special & chuck it when the battery runs out in 3 or 4 years.
Casio F-91W for the win... I had one on my wrist when fitting a mini engine/box. It dropped off the hoist while I was connecting the speedo and fell about 8” trapping my wrist between subframe and ‘box. The watch took the full force - screen cracked but it saved me from injury :)

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

3 QUID Mark......... !!!!!, you can get TWO for that price at the local Blue Star garage here!

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Peter Laidler wrote:Not quite relative to Uncle bob and his Tudor but close..... In the watch repair business we used to have a saying that if you're just simply filthy rich and flash, then get a Rolex. If you are rich and have style, then get an Omega. But if you are rich, have style want reliability and work for a living, then get a Longines
Any chance you can replace a main spring in a 1915 trench watch for me..... :lol:

Al

foxy52

Post by foxy52 »

Peter Laidler wrote:Not quite relative to Uncle bob and his Tudor but close..... In the watch repair business we used to have a saying that if you're just simply filthy rich and flash, then get a Rolex. If you are rich and have style, then get an Omega. But if you are rich, have style want reliability and work for a living, then get a Longines
….I bought my first Rolex from Watches of Switzerland in New Bond st W1 with my hard earned building soc savings in 1969 for the princely sum of 49 pounds 10 shillings...!!!....the Sales Manager was a dear freind of my then boss !!..I kept that watch till 1987 and got 350 for it in a trade in !!!...no Omega or Longines of the type from that era would return me such a profit....?! though granted if you wanted to buy a quality watch with the exception of Patek Phillipe a good choice was and still is a Rolex,Omega or Longines….as it happens my third and probably final Rolex is on my wrist now..purchased through a Chichester dealers in 1999 ..still keeps perfect time tho a full main dealer service thru Spiers in Truro is now 500 quid !!!!….. ..ill never be rich tho ..lol..foxy52