1962 Beach Car

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
AndyAgar

Re: 1962 Beach Car

Post by AndyAgar »

I have some Lloyd loom dining chairs if it helps.....

The listing suggested 14 lhd 1 rhd making the rhd one I hesitate to say more valuable ??

Pete

Post by Pete »

I wonder if its been bought by a posh hotel? I don't think the price is just about rarity, or history, I suspect there's something more to it maybe connected to business.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I can just see it being a courtesy car at a VERY swanky hotel or even on a private estate & for folks like that 1/4 of a million is sandwich money.

Fiat Jollies have commanded massive prices for years & this is undoubtedly the Mini equivalent.

I am not at all surprised that it went for a very high figure, I am however very surprised just how high it did go.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

jay weinstein

Post by jay weinstein »

Pete wrote:I wonder if its been bought by a posh hotel? I don't think the price is just about rarity, or history, I suspect there's something more to it maybe connected to business.
The new Trump Hotel on Alcatraz Island?

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

The new Trump Hotel on Alcatraz Island?

Oh if only!

Make the world a safer place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark F

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

I wouldn’t be seen dead in that beach car. I think it is dreadful. I ask myself would my wife son or daughters go out for a spin with me in this awful looking Mini and I think the answer would be No. Look again at the prices original air filter boxes are making for HS2 carbs and again ask yourself who are buying these at £500? I must need to get out more :lol: :lol:

Alan

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Pete wrote:I wonder if its been bought by a posh hotel? I don't think the price is just about rarity, or history, I suspect there's something more to it maybe connected to business.
Pete, even if I had won the Euro Millions jackpot last week that beach car would not have interested me. Who remembers anyone owning one of those? I think most people relate to cars from their past. That is why I love late sixties and early seventies cars because these were the modern cars I desired when I started driving in 1971 :D

Alan

jay weinstein

Post by jay weinstein »

Supersonic wrote:I wouldn’t be seen dead in that beach car. I think it is dreadful. I ask myself would my wife son or daughters go out for a spin with me in this awful looking Mini and I think the answer would be No. Look again at the prices original air filter boxes are making for HS2 carbs and again ask yourself who are buying these at £500? I must need to get out more :lol: :lol:

Alan
So we can now presume you weren't the winning bidder. :lol:

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I can completely see what Alan is saying, but I have to be honest and say that if I had a pad on the riviera, I could see me using a Mini beach car to get from my helicopter to my luxury Yacht. If the Moke was in being serviced.

Mark F

steve1071

Post by steve1071 »

mk1 wrote:I can completely see what Alan is saying, but I have to be honest and say that if I had a pad on the riviera, I could see me using a Mini beach car to get from my helicopter to my luxury Yacht. If the Moke was in being serviced.

We were wandering round San Tropez harbour a few years back and parked up in front of all the yachts were some very tasty supercars, other than one very cool fella that had a Moke.

My kids headed straight to the Moke, ignoring the Ascari next to it.

8-)