Some nostagilic bits from the past!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
UHR850

Re: Some nostagilic bits from the past!

Post by UHR850 »

Got this one for years and years :arrow:

Kees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Mini 1000 Super de Luxe Mk3 1974 for Downtoning it.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

r.tec

Post by r.tec »

...oh, I love these Leyland ST things. I bought two of these Leyland ST-stickers from my Leyland-dealer here in Germany when they were still around in 1977. But they were damaged when the Mini was being repainted.

The stickers I saw as reproduced items with isaydingdong but there the "y" in Leyland is not correct. I wrote to them to use USAbold or Zurich fonts which are virtually identical (and correct!) but to no avail. Dommage!

360gts

Post by 360gts »

r.tec wrote:...oh, I love these Leyland ST things. I bought two of these Leyland ST-stickers from my Leyland-dealer here in Germany when they were still around in 1977. But they were damaged when the Mini was being repainted.

The stickers I saw as reproduced items with isaydingdong but there the "y" in Leyland is not correct. I wrote to them to use USAbold or Zurich fonts which are virtually identical (and correct!) but to no avail. Dommage!
I could look into having some of my old decals reproduced...sounds like there are a bunch of members that would like some.
D

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

360gts wrote:
r.tec wrote:...oh, I love these Leyland ST things. I bought two of these Leyland ST-stickers from my Leyland-dealer here in Germany when they were still around in 1977. But they were damaged when the Mini was being repainted.

I could look into having some of my old decals reproduced...sounds like there are a bunch of members that would like some.
D
Yep count me in Dermot ;-)

360gts

Post by 360gts »

AndyPen wrote:
360gts wrote:

D
Yep count me in Dermot ;-)

OK...leave this with me....be patient!
I am not really in favor of sending these to a commercial reproducer...they end up selling them for their benefit. I would prefer having a batch made locally and then I can send to a Forum member to distribute to those who want some....a win win for all.

UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

;) Got these for about 40 years now, two sets.

Kees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Mini 1000 Super de Luxe Mk3 1974 for Downtoning it.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.