mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:21 am
Posts: 194
Has anyone ever dealt with Automobiles BMC France? ( They are currently on Holiday according to the FB message reply)
They list a Winter green diamond tyre 145/80x10 funny enough just found out they were at IMM with them if i'd have know before i could have got some.
Has anyone used them? or seen them at IMM? I'm wondering if they are road legal or not?

https://austin-mini.fr/gb/10-Inches-Tyr ... 80x10.html

https://www.facebook.com/10710186932944 ... =3&theater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 780
I saw them at the IMM. They are pretty gnarly and you can them studded.

No idea on performance! The look great though.

_________________
I've got a 69 Mini with a 1046, Cooper Head and a four on the floor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 1121
Location: Sunny Lancashire
GeorgeA wrote:
Has anyone ever dealt with Automobiles BMC France? ( They are currently on Holiday according to the FB message reply)
They list a Winter green diamond tyre 145/80x10 funny enough just found out they were at IMM with them if i'd have know before i could have got some.
Has anyone used them? or seen them at IMM? I'm wondering if they are road legal or not?

https://austin-mini.fr/gb/10-Inches-Tyr ... 80x10.html

https://www.facebook.com/10710186932944 ... =3&theater


I had some off them in 2013, we used them on the Rally of The Tests that year. They are based on a Uniroyal tyre, I have a set of four of the Uniroyal originals with low mileage available if required.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:21 am
Posts: 194
SMOKE GREY wrote:
I had some off them in 2013, we used them on the Rally of The Tests that year.


Hero Lejo have said in the regs that Winter tyres are required not optional.

What did you think of them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 1121
Location: Sunny Lancashire
GeorgeA wrote:
SMOKE GREY wrote:
I had some off them in 2013, we used them on the Rally of The Tests that year.


Hero Lejo have said in the regs that Winter tyres are required not optional.

What did you think of them?


Thought they were good, not brilliant on a 'wet ' race circuit but excellent when it's cold and/or cruddy. I used to have a few, I mentioned the tyres to Guy Woodcock when he was talking about tyres sat at dinner on the RoTT last year. Mine are cheaper than the French ones :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:02 pm
Posts: 31
The owner of Automobiles BMC in Vienne, François WINDECK, is a good friend and longtime acquaintance of mine. After the Bristol IMM, we've just spent 5 days driving Minis around the West Coast of Scotland together. I've used the Green Diamond Traction tyres François sells, both studded and un-studded versions, on 4x Rallye Monte-Carlo Historiques. My 'mixed' results on the events are certainly not the fault of the tyres! I've found them perfect for the job; tarmac (dry or wet) and snow/ice. The tyres are 'E' marked and road legal. I've put my Cooper S through UK MOTs with them fitted and they pass Scrutineering in Monaco.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sttuning and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr