mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:33 pm 

mk1 wrote:
It has been pointed out to me via PM that the bus is a complete ringer & not even the correct body type.

I still thought the display looked good though.

I wonder who could possibly know so much about an old bus :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:59 pm 

Here you can find the pictures from your Mini on arrivel :arrow: https://www.imageofyou.co.uk/f877360060

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:54 pm 

We were talking to mr moffat the stuntdrive fella at Impney and he said theres 4? Of the proper buses left and all are being converted into Italian job replicas, however some of these have been ongoing for many years with very little progress.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 am 

Yes it's a lookalikey bus, pretty well known the original was destroyed, lots of info on here somewhere.

Somebody suggested to me this week that contrary to what I'd said on here that actually it's likely the organisers made a small fortune out of the event. Either way it took a hell of alot of organising and running in the mud!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 am 
Site Admin

If they have made a profit, then they are about the first organisers to ever do so. I know of someone who underwrote a previous IMM & ended up 30 grand in the shit. And it didn't even rain that year!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am 

mk1 wrote:
If they have made a profit, then they are about the first organisers to ever do so. I know of someone who underwrote a previous IMM & ended up 30 grand in the shit. And it didn't even rain that year!

As one of the main organisers of IMM 2017 I can confirm that we made a decent profit on the event given it's size,that allowed us to clear all debts,give a sizeable amount to various charities and treat all those who were good enough to give up their time for us on the weekend a night out.We were the first IMM in years to publish our accounts and give an indication of where our spend was in the hope that that information would help others and we have always offered any assistance to upcoming IMM's but it seems people want to reinvent the wheel every time.I know we got the initial site wrong and had to move but there were lessons learned but nobody seems to want to have a forum that allows cross IMM information transfer and the Presidents meeting on Saturday morning is a waste of time as nothig gets decided anymore,no minutes are taken and nothing is voted on.Just the same people year in,year out whinging.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:09 pm 

Nick W wrote:
mk1 wrote:
It has been pointed out to me via PM that the bus is a complete ringer & not even the correct body type.

I still thought the display looked good though.

I wonder who could possibly know so much about an old bus :lol:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3578568290

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:06 pm 

java gt wrote:
but there were lessons learned but nobody seems to want to have a forum that allows cross IMM information transfer and the Presidents meeting on Saturday morning is a waste of time as nothing gets decided anymore, no minutes are taken and nothing is voted on.

I think it's a great shame that there's no transfer of knowledge.

An event for 5000 + people is a huge undertaking with all the paperwork - licenses, method statements, risk assessments, H&S, police, fire etc. And this bureaucracy can only get larger.

I take my hat off to any group who take this commitment, with - or without - advice from others who have learnt lessons the hard way,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7