mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:21 am 

Surely, he answer for the next UK sponsored IMM must be to hold it at Bicester Heritage site. Concrete parking, grassed camping, showers, water and latrines etc etc already there, centrally sited, close to the A34/M40 for the Europeans and Southerners.......... What NOT to like?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 am 

I’ve another centrally located venue in mind which would be ideal, how does IMM work commercially as tbh I’m baffled. Hats off to those putting it on as it looks a right mare with the weather

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 pm 

Bicester Heritage as Peter says is the most logical site and copes with the wet weather.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm 

I think Bicester would be a good venue for all sorts of events, including the MCR day, as Beaulieu is so far for many people.

A consideration will always be cost. When I enquired for one of the Scramble days, exclusive use of that big hanger was £5k per day.........

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:47 pm 

BMW used to organise a similar MINI event in Europe/UK every couple of years which were very efficiently run in a typically German way, even the food and beer stalls and staff were shipped over from Germany! The last UK 'MINI United' event was at Silverstone for the Mini 50th and classic Minis were invited but most sadly stayed away for what was a superb event. BMW also later got involved in limited sponsorship of the original IMM's in the UK and Europe but not sure if they still do.....always thought it was a shame this did not lead to more joint events with BMW financial support in the long term but I think even BMW found the overhead costs too high to justify the return in the end.

MINI and Friends celebrate 50 year anniversary at the MINI United Festival 2009 at Silverstone. A unique combination of cars, stars and lifestyle (2009).
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/a ... anguage=en

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

I agree. Anyone who is prepared to take the chance on an event as big as this deserves nothing but praise.

Something this big must be a nightmare even for a big events company.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:47 pm 

If your are going to the Bicester Scramble in on 6th October get your ticket now at £5.82 inc booking fee before the price goes up to £10. plenty of time to book but these events do sell out.

Woody are you sorting us all out again as this Forum organ grinder..you got us a good spot last event .. yes please ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Polarsilver wrote:
If your are going to the Bicester Scramble in on 6th October get your ticket now at £5.82 inc booking fee before the price goes up to £10. plenty of time to book but these events do sell out.

Woody are you sorting us all out again as this Forum organ grinder..you got us a good spot last event .. yes please ?

Probably best to repost this as a new thread. It is likely to get lost here as the thread is specifically about the IMM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 pm 

Got a Muddy Car after IMM in Bristol??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7077XG4QFng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm 

mab01uk wrote:
Got a Muddy Car after IMM in Bristol??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7077XG4QFng

I got muddy pushing out JR’s van!
The campsite was not set out in an ideal way with very unhelpful staff!
The show was well attended and some very nice cars to see, shame they didn’t put the traders vans outside and more minis on hard standing in the centre.
Nice to see that mini spares, mini sport & somerfords put on impressive trade stands and cars.
I also was impressed with the mk1 heritage shell it may not be the first choice to reshell your original cooper S but it is an ideal motorsport tool.
D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next