mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 am 

Some pics below from the IMM facebook pages.....not going myself but hope the weather conditions improve today and for the Sunday 'Mini 60' day visitors!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/immbristol/posts/

Kiwi Minis parked up for some local sightseeing

Twini Minis

Moke?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm 

Weather shocking today I’m afraid but looking good for tomorrow if you are thinking about a day visit.

I’m of the opinion that a lot of the logistics problems are due to the layout of the site; it’s very challenging for the marshals keeping pedestrians and cars apart and there’s a bottleneck right in the middle.

The next problem will be getting everyone out as some of the camping field tracks are getting swampy.
So far the organisers have done a great job providing hardcore and straw to improve the surfaces.

Watch this space!

Never been to one of these before, and it’s not to everyone’s taste, but what’s truly humbling is to see the enthusiasm of people from every corner of the globe for this little car.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm 

In Bristol for the balloon Fiesta, weather is shocking. Minis all over the city but yet to see anything that resembles a Mk1.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 am 

I don’t see what all the fuss is about ,

You are all meant to be mini fans but can’t be asked to go to a IMM
in your own country.

People from all over have made the effort and I don’t hear them moaning .

To be fair I’ve been here since Thursday it’s been
Really good lots of minis I would have never seen again and a great
atmosphere ..

Hats off to you guys who made this possible and to everyone that turned up

Oh and happy 60th birthday MINI ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 pm 

I’ve had a great weekend. Time for to pack up and head off now but for £80 it’s been a really really good event.
The minis are slightly incidental but it’s a great melting pot of mini culture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 pm 

Some visitors to the IMM seem very happy with the event in link below...but many say the exact extreme opposite! I guess the campers stuck in far flung muddy fields with no showers or working toilet facilities came off worse, especially if they have travelled long distances to be there in a classic Mini....hopefully today was better, at least weatherwise. I think most of the Mini Clubs who have organised and hosted past UK IMM's (including the MCR) have said afterwards they would never take it on again!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/immbristol/posts/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm 

I for one enjoyed it, partially because I met some really nice members of this forum, and partially because I bought some nice bits... including a certain 163 unskimmed head that might even be NOS.

I got there 7:30 this morning so had the sheer joy of a morning chorus of ex works cars being parked.

Lakeland's 997 is a beauty, one of the best cars in the show I reckon, and Nick's stand, despite being unfairly tucked away in my view, had the best goodies on sale for Mk1 enthusiasts.

Spent the last hour with my 4x4 helping some minis out, including one that 8 of us pushed sideways to get off a self made hay bale. The hay and mud I admit, are a lasting memory too... here's a flavour of it ;-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 am 

The only photo I took, this was in the car park.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am 

First one I ever left early,pulled up the pegs Sunday morning and headed off to the boat.They have become such a big event and logistical nightmare with high expectations that Clubs are not really taking on the risk anymore and it has become the norm that only one bid is coming in.In fact there was no one putting their hand up to host 2019 until about a month before the deadline and this one came in.I should have heeded the warning signs when the hotel my wife was going to stay in burnt down and she decided to stay at home. :shock: :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 am 

java gt wrote:
They have become such a big event and logistical nightmare with high expectations that Clubs are not really taking on the risk anymore

I can totally believe that, especially when you throw the weather curveball into the equasion.I strongly suspect the organisers will be doing it chiefly for the love of it and not the financial return! For that you'd have to take your hat off to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next