mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am 

AndyPen wrote:

I have had an email today saying it might take a few weeks though? This is what it says:

"Thank you for the order. Your order has been received and actioned. The production of your interior parts may take up to 4-6 weeks and for complete seats and seat refurbishments up to 6-8 weeks."

I've just bought a (moulded) carpet set - I had the same email, and it turned up 4 days later. So I wouldn't worry too much about it taking ages!

I'm pretty happy with mine - it's not the same as original but it's a lot better than the last one I bought about 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:56 pm 

That's useful to know thanks, I want to get the front section in whilst the car is a bare shell ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm 

Heard today that Newton can no longer get new rear seat frames made, so are buying up old ones.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:40 pm 

Pete wrote:
Heard today that Newton can no longer get new rear seat frames made, so are buying up old ones.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1059797437561223&id=141737769367199
“Newton Commercial: We need you...
Due to unforeseen circumstances our supplier of Mini rear seat frames is no longer able to produce our new frames. We are looking for Mini rear seat frames from cars between 1962 & 1970 so that we can send these to prospective suppliers
If you have a Mini rear seat frame you no longer need then please get in touch. Collection within the UK can be arranged and we would be offering a payment of £40 per frame (this can be offered as a discount off your next order if you prefer)”