Red Mk1 Austin Cooper Bonnet Badge

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Oneball

Red Mk1 Austin Cooper Bonnet Badge

Post by Oneball »

When I got my mk1 Cooper over 20 years ago the “enamel” on the Austin Cooper bonnet badge was red I’ve since replaced it with a black one. Over the years I’ve seen a few cars with red badges, was this a factory part or is there a reason for the red badge?

Thanks Tim

mk1
Site Admin

Re: Red Mk1 Austin Cooper Bonnet Badge

Post by mk1 »

They have just been painted by a previous owner who fancied a red badge.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

Oneball

Post by Oneball »

That’s what I thought when I bought my car. But I’ve seen a number over the years and it’s made me think it’s not just a home effort, there’s a car in the John Parnell book with a red badge too.

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

I've been a Mini Cooper fan, and particularly the Austins since they came out. Never seen a factory red one I have to say. But give a man a small tin of Humbrol and a paint brush and anything is possible. John Parnell didn't mention it. What page shows a rad badge by the way?

Oneball

Post by Oneball »

I was wrong there’s not a car in the Parnell book with a red badge, which is weird as I was looking at something at the weekend and saw a photo of one with a red badge that made me ask the question.

mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

Ah the infamous ‘Red badges’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

360gts

Post by 360gts »

Definitely not like the Rolls Royce radiator badge....when Royce and Rolls were alive...it was a double R in Red....then one passed away it was a red R and a black R....in the end...both had passed the emblem had two black R's..as it is today.
Guess there was no one at BMC who was of worth the mention :lol: