mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beaulieu 2019
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 am 

Yes, an excellent day all in all. Met up with some friends both on an off the forum which was great and put a few faces to names as well.

Bought a few parts for HOY and delivered all the parts I have sold on here.

One or two people I spoke to thought it was quieter than usual but there certainly were some cracking cars there.

What a relief that the weather was great, considering what it had been like the past couple days and what its set for this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a great day!

Thanks to Tim for organising our stand as always.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:15 am 

What about next year some kind soul send out some name label things in a clear clip on wallet with a Mk1 Performance Register logo on it so we can intro ourselves to fellow wearers.

Knew you were there Andy1967 and looked for you but........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 am 
Site Admin

It's been tried before, I pissed a whole pile of money away on the first Blyton doing exactly that & precisely NO ONE bothered wearing them.

The fact is that most people don't like wandering round with a label on like a lost refugee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 am 

Peter Laidler wrote:
What about next year some kind soul send out some name label things in a clear clip on wallet with a Mk1 Performance Register logo on it so we can intro ourselves to fellow wearers.

Knew you were there Andy1967 and looked for you but........

If I knew you were there Peter....I'd have hid up :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, would have been good to have caught up for a chat had I known you were there :)

As for the idea...I've never been the type to like wearing identification badges etc. When I worked for Aviva (Norwich Union), we were supposed to wear our ID badges on a ribbon round our necks .... mine was in my pocket most of the time :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 am 

Was a good day and I was on the VIP tent again and met lots of old friends and spent a while in the afternoon
having a look around. Sat next to David Salamonie (Dominic) and Matthew Field with the new Italian Job book
as they were alongside me at the VIP tent and we were busy with guests.Smooth roof vans are getting common
know of another 3 now and spoke to 2 of the owners

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 am 

Minded to think name tags only work if you intend to effectively 'staff' the stand with an obvious point of contact - you know, a paste table with printed guff on it or something similar. Most will not want to be tied to a stand at an event like Beaulieu. Interesting turnout but a spot of brake bother with DEY640C? Thought it best not to ask!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm 

mini_surfari wrote:
The busiest I’ve seen the show in a long time!

Saw some stunning cars, and to top it off I won class 6 in the concours. Happy days

Really ?
I thought it was very quiet with a third the autojumble of last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:46 pm 

Really disappointed to have missed it, but at least I spent time with my wife's mini and progressed some stuff ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 pm 

Oh well that's another weekend spent driving up and down the country in the pissing rain. Glad I went incognito and not in the Mini as the carpets would have taken weeks to dry out. Luckily for the MCR the weather was good on Sunday. I think the show attendance was similar to the last few years, no where near as full as ten years ago.

Nice to see the Broadspeeds out, and OBL 46F. I missed/forgot the 850 works car, maybe next time. Good cross section of cars to look.

I have a bunch of snaps to upload over the next couple of days, here's a couple of on topic ones for now

dodge44 wrote:
Minded to think name tags only work if you intend to effectively 'staff' the stand with an obvious point of contact - you know, a paste table with printed guff on it or something similar. Most will not want to be tied to a stand at an event like Beaulieu. Interesting turnout but a spot of brake bother with DEY640C? Thought it best not to ask!

Split caliper was the issue

hanlminiman wrote:
Great display. Loved the pickup with the rear facing seats. Super! :D

Ideal for having a sit down and catch up with world affairs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next