mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beaulieu 2019
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am 

I hope I'll see a few of you there. I only managed to arrange for a "free day" last night and normally would have ordered advance tickets long before. Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?

Not able to come in a Mini unfortunately so won't be "displaying" ;) .

Safe travelling everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 pm 

Old English White wrote:
Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?

If buying ticket on the day I think you have to use the main entrance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:32 pm 

surfblue63 wrote:
Old English White wrote:
Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?

The ticket doesn’t cost that much more and the queue isn’t usually very long as the marshals are very efficient. Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:13 am 
Site Admin

Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

Ha, ha, just what I have always wanted, a picture of me queuing in a car after having been driving for 5 hours :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:52 am 

Fingers crossed the weather holds out, looks very much in the balance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 pm 

surfblue63 wrote:
Old English White wrote:

When attending Beaulieu in a non-Mini/MINI.....I have always followed the Mini show signs and paid on the MCR show gate and been directed by Marshalls to the non-Mini parking area within the show grounds. Normal Beaulieu public visitor parking is less convenient for the show and is usually a more expensive entrance ticket at the main reception area. On only one occasion a 'jobs worth' official wrongly told me Minis only to MCR gate but my MCR membership card was enough for him to back down after consulting a MCR marshal on the gate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:15 pm 

Thanks for the info chaps - I'll just try the usual event entrance and see how I get on.....
Let us hope for better weather than today. It's been pi$$ing down all day here :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:24 am 

mk1 wrote:
Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

Ha, ha, just what I have always wanted, a picture of me queuing in a car after having been driving for 5 hours :lol: :lol:

Photographer is just beyond the entrance Mark and captures a pic of your car driving in not sat in the (very small) queue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:17 am 

And the photos are always such a bargain, Not...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:54 am 

You don’t have to buy them and TBF event photographers probably struggle to make a living with free pics on social media etc.

Any way, I’m sure it will be a great day.

Niall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next