Beaulieu 2019

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Old English White

Re: Beaulieu 2019

Post by Old English White »

I hope I'll see a few of you there. I only managed to arrange for a "free day" last night and normally would have ordered advance tickets long before. Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?

Not able to come in a Mini unfortunately so won't be "displaying" ;) .

Safe travelling everyone.

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Old English White wrote: Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?
If buying ticket on the day I think you have to use the main entrance.
'ad a luv affair wiv Nina, in da back of my Cortina...

cookie1071

Post by cookie1071 »

surfblue63 wrote:
Old English White wrote: Didn't this time because I wasn't sure if I could go - or how many would come with me. Disappointing to find that the advance tickets (which don't have to be posted anymore - simply printed off) are now not available so the only option is to pay more - and queue - anybody know if this means using a different entrance as well?
The ticket doesn’t cost that much more and the queue isn’t usually very long as the marshals are very efficient. Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

Ha, ha, just what I have always wanted, a picture of me queuing in a car after having been driving for 5 hours :lol: :lol:
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

mini_surfari

Post by mini_surfari »

Fingers crossed the weather holds out, looks very much in the balance.

mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

surfblue63 wrote:
When attending Beaulieu in a non-Mini/MINI.....I have always followed the Mini show signs and paid on the MCR show gate and been directed by Marshalls to the non-Mini parking area within the show grounds. Normal Beaulieu public visitor parking is less convenient for the show and is usually a more expensive entrance ticket at the main reception area. On only one occasion a 'jobs worth' official wrongly told me Minis only to MCR gate but my MCR membership card was enough for him to back down after consulting a MCR marshal on the gate.

Old English White

Post by Old English White »

Thanks for the info chaps - I'll just try the usual event entrance and see how I get on.....
Let us hope for better weather than today. It's been pi$$ing down all day here :(

cookie1071

Post by cookie1071 »

mk1 wrote:Theres also normally a photographer at the entrance taking pics of the cars as they come in, which can then purchased.

Ha, ha, just what I have always wanted, a picture of me queuing in a car after having been driving for 5 hours :lol: :lol:

Photographer is just beyond the entrance Mark and captures a pic of your car driving in not sat in the (very small) queue

davidnutland

Post by davidnutland »

And the photos are always such a bargain, Not...

cookie1071

Post by cookie1071 »

You don’t have to buy them and TBF event photographers probably struggle to make a living with free pics on social media etc.

Any way, I’m sure it will be a great day.

Niall.