mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mini Spares
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 pm 

Is anyone else having trouble receiving parts or getting a response from an inquiry? Is it the holiday season the UK?

Post subject: Re: Mini Spares
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:35 pm 

Yes it’s bank holiday today

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 pm 

OK, thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:44 pm 

They have also had a pile of IT collapses recently and are still trying to recover. Just bare with them, they are a good crowd.

D

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:57 pm 

I've also been caught up by MiniSpares difficulty processing an order. Been 2 weeks at this point and not yet shipped for order in which all parts were listed as In Stock for most of that 2 weeks. Total of 9 parts (was 10 but did get an email at the week-and-a-half mark that said one of the parts was no longer in stock). That initiated a "what would you like to do now" email train (hold shipment, cancel order, put short part on backorder, etc, etc, etc) which provided another delay in the shipping and for which after 2 days of waiting, I still haven't received a reply to my "just ship what you have" response.

It appears their internet order taking system in particular has been hit hard with problems after some server upgrades/replacements. I just got off the phone and worked with a salesman named Lawton. He said my order hadn't yet been processed for payment (by the other salesman who had my order and is apparently most deeply effected by all the computer problems). I said please go ahead and process my payment and while holding on the phone and 2 declined attempts with my AMEX card they had on file, we switched to a different card which went through. I've used the AMEX card several times over the last several months with MinISpares, without issue. I suspect the AMEX declines were related to all the computer/server upgrades. I'll check with AMEX on that and update if that is an incorrect assumption.

I have no idea whether my order will actually ship, but I'm feeling that if you want to get things moving from MiniSpares, you need to call and make sure it gets through the payment stage. I think the person who works the Internet orders is fighting a tremendous IT backlog and it's best to get on the phone and have someone else "take over" your order and get it processed.

When you call, use telephone prompt #2 for International orders. For some reason that's the phone that gets picked up and not sent to voice mail.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with AMEX and they say there were no declines on record for my account, so I'm guessing the declines at MiniSpares were not true declines but rather some break in their system which could not complete the transactions.

Last edited by Twincam on Tue May 07, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:42 pm 

:( Yes the same for me I've also been caught up by MiniSpares difficulty processing an order.
Been almost 2 weeks now and not yet shipped my order of one part that was listed in Stock.

:| Kees.

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 pm 

Same here, ordered something first thing on a Tuesday a couple of weeks ago for next day delivery as I needed it for the weekend. Was a bit worried that it did not show as shipped the next morning so I gave them a call.

The guy explained that they'd had a bit of a system melt down and took my order manually and I received it for the weekend.

I'm sure I asked him to cancel the first order but sure enough last Friday another package arrived from MiniSpares which can only be a duplicate of the first.... (Not had time to open it to find out).

Sounds a bit of a mess...

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 pm 

I ordered a couple of bits late last week, but they were delivered promptly on Saturday morning, so i was happy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:45 pm 

Daz1968 wrote:
I ordered a couple of bits late last week, but they were delivered promptly on Saturday morning, so i was happy

Was that an internet order or a phone order?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 pm 

Pleased we have such a supplier as Minispares they are progressive & do try.
Try Minispares North they seem to give a better service :D