mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blyton 2019
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:27 pm 

I only did Sunday at Blyton but again a GREAT day ,the weather ? could have been warmer BUT it did not rain :D :D ,met some old and made some new friends , hoping that Rich ( The long bearded Boss ) would have been there , but sadly not :( :( .
Well done Mark , Pete and everyone that attended, hope to see you all Blyton 2020 ? , Goff won best variant :D :D and I was presented with a trophy by the one and only Jumping Jeff Williamson , again thanks for great day out and I hope the bucket was full for the charity Cancer research ;) ;) ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:59 pm 

Just back from a great bank holiday Monday at Blyton ! Great event as usual! Got some laps in on my newly built Honda powered sprint ! Know it wasn’t to everyone’s taste but seem to be well received! Sorry if I got in anyone’s way on track the handling was a bit wayward! Suspension setup next job

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 pm 

Thanks for the organisation. I was there for the Monday. Great to put names to some faces.
Even more fun in the pouring rain. My dad spun out as the rain started..
Marvellous metal on display!!
Guy. Red/Black 998

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 pm 

Yes another great weekend, a massive thank you to mark and Pete and whoever else had a part of organising the weekend.
It's by far the best event on the calendar for me.
Sunday was full of action and plenty of red flags for people, and managed to get plenty of track time Monday morning before the rain came, but still run on a wet track.
Lots of well put together cars as usual.
Thanks again,
Roy B (blue 1275gt)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 pm 

Had a great day today....was good to catch up with some familiar faces, put faces to names, and also meet new enthusiasts. Thanks to Bill for letting me have a drive of his 145 bhp 1380 BMW motorbike headed mini......very smooth and powerful :D .....and Paul Bates for letting me drive his original GRX 309D....what a privilege ! Some very fast, well sorted cars there today.....credit to the owners. Felt sorry for my mate Gaz who drove there with me ( Red / black split 45'd mk2 ) who only got into second gear on his first lap before losing all drive :o .....we think it's a selector problem....but he had to be trailered back home to Buxton. Big thanks to Mark, Pete...and all involved :D :D
Dave ( Rover P555 GRX Today )

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:26 pm 

Another fantastic Blyton, the second unfortunately without a car! Huge thanks to Mark and Pete for organising by far the best event of the year and massive thanks to OldDave and Andrew for working wonders on my car and to all other forum members for the great support trying to get it there this year. It wasn’t to be unfortunately but it will definitely make AD7! Roll on 2020!

Tim

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am 

Thanks to Mark and Pete for another great weekend, some videos (sorry about the sound quality, should have shut the window!:

https://youtu.be/sUW1sLh5uW0

https://youtu.be/pNJMMmVV0Dc

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 am 

It just gets better ! I met up with loads of people who remember coming to my shop on Albert Road, Sheffield. Once again saw machinery that I never see at other events. But the highlight was the talk by Christobel Carlisle, what an amazing lady !
Thanks to Pete and Mark for all your efforts.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:17 am 

Couple of bits of in car, me on my last run, bonnet flying off from first start, followed by the Sin Bin :shock: :lol: , then a couple of good laps, bit lively on old tyres !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwJwN3jn0sY&t=615s

Nicks 2nd run, slowly getting temperature up, building up to a decent last lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqpKt5XDDKQ&t=14s

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:15 pm 

Brilliant again and well worth a 7-1/2 hour drive from the frozen north. Highlights for me were trying to keep up with Mini 7 S-class racer in the corners (I've never seen a car change direction like it!) and a fascinating conversation with Tim Ellison who kindly showed me around his lovely 1960 lightweight 850 racer, complete with very clever hand controls.
We definitely plan to be back for next year, well done Mark, Pete and all their helpers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next