mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 12:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:56 pm 

mk1 wrote:
Snoopy64 makes an EXCELLENT Point!

I have always aspired to this being an INTERNATIONAL FORUM, while non English speakers are in a minority, we do have a lot of non UK participants. Posts can often be misinterpreted when a reader is reading in a second language.

In my experience, this is particularly the case with our cousins from the States & irony :lol:

Lol, years ago I was on the Lotus Europa forum and, delighted that I had finally got the bodyshell totally sorted, declared with enthusiastic delight, that I was a "happy bunny" SHIT, talk about incoming flack :lol: :lol: :lol: everything just short of death threats lol

Ian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 pm 

nimbusprint wrote:
Lol, years ago I was on the Lotus Europa forum and, delighted that I had finally got the bodyshell totally sorted, declared with enthusiastic delight, that I was a "happy bunny" SHIT, talk about incoming flack :lol: :lol: :lol: everything just short of death threats lol

Ian

Dont mean to sound a creep, but honestley think this is well balanced forum, anoyingly, have had all sorts of “descriptive” words edited on other forums....... :D God my spelling is awlful......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:04 pm 

Hear, hear. No one should ever doubt or question this excellent forum and the way it is run. Sets the standard for all others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 pm 

Agree entirely. Good informative forum. I bet there's nobody on here that hasn't learned a lot from it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am 

;) I always try and do my best to write in the right way :P
Or is it right in the write way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kees.

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 am 

Exminiman wrote:
nimbusprint wrote:

Ian

Dont mean to sound a creep, but honestley think this is well balanced forum, anoyingly, have had all sorts of “descriptive” words edited on other forums....... :D God my spelling is awlful......

Totally agree, this forum's moderators seem to engage early on, and in doing so, generally nip these things in the bud. My mistake was in underestimating the sensitivity of our American cousins (including MY American cousins) :lol: trying to explain that "Happy Bunny" was a term of endearment, just seemed to fuel the fire. I eventually received a welcome PM from moderators and all was well again. :roll: :roll:

Ian