mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm 

Did read the 'Teabag thread' but didn't really get what is was all about, perhaps a great loss?

Supersonic wrote:
For what it is worth, I think every user should have to use their real name, if you know what I mean

Alan

Hi my name is Mårten (pronounced Morten, if thats easier?) and live darrn sarrf Sweden.
Would I let you know my full name and adress?
Sadly those days are gone, if they ever excisted that you wouldnt risk theft or robbery of your cars and other stuff if thats open to anyone.
Probably more so in UK than here.

More arguments about recreations of red and white cars? Please no!
Prefer a debate about whether Clive Trickey did have a South African drivers seat in KTR223E or was it homemade?!!

Was born curious, and this made it worse:
'but there comes a point where a line is crossed and people may be driven away from the forum, which is a greater loss to all than the 'point scoring' justifies. There is a specific case in mind here......'
Damn, probably wont ever get to know. But do have my own little theory...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 pm 

Hello Marten, thank you for getting involved, lovely to see people from other countries part of this forum. I'm old school and love old Minis and BMC cars. Never judge the book by the cover. I've been taught. If ever you don't understand an issue, send a private message for more understanding if you know what I mean :D

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:28 pm 

It is nice to know who’s who’s and who’s where, I’ve met people near and far via the forum.
I can see why people don’t want to publish there details that’s where pm’s are handy.
Some people’s jobs/ personal lives mean its best to stay under the radar!
Anyway can we talk about minis :lol:
D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm 

More arguments about recreations of red and white cars? Please no!
Prefer a debate about whether Clive Trickey did have a South African drivers seat in KTR223E or was it homemade?!!

I also would like to discuss works car in such a way....but I dont think its very likely :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 pm 

Missed the previous tread, but I would like to add, if it was aimed at Andrew it was totally out of order as Andrew is doing a fantastic job on his restoration and is very honest about it, which can’t be said for a lot of other cars out there and for me is probably the most enjoyable tread. Look at the way they restore DB5’s original shell goes in the bin and a new shell is bought for 80-90k and they build it back up. Andrews car is the original car for me anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:39 am 

Exminiman wrote:
Supersonic wrote:
For what it is worth, I think every user should have to use their real name, if you know what I mean

Alan

Assume “Supersonic” is your surname Alan :mrgreen:

Very good :lol: :lol: :lol: My name is Alan Lyons and I live in Crossgar County Down N Ireland. Supersonic was an old nickname I got at the rallycross about 40 years ago :D

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 am 

I’m not entirely sure it was a pop at Andrew. It was pretty ambiguous, if the poster wants to try again and actually get to the point I wouldn’t particularly have a problem with that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am 

Pete wrote:
I’m not entirely sure it was a pop at Andrew. It was pretty ambiguous, if the poster wants to try again and actually get to the point I wouldn’t particularly have a problem with that.

He had obviously got an issue with shells being extensively repaired and still rightly being classed as their original shell.
He had been prowling the forum with this subject in mind ...and there for could not have not seen HOY...and knew he was talking to Andrew, so as far as I'm concerned he was having a go at HOY./Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:12 pm 

People who go out of there way to be confrontational,or single out a member and attack them are not welcome in my book,a healthy debate is always good to get even the novices involved like me,I was attacked on the mini forum moderators did nothing so now I contribute on this forum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Snoopy64 makes an EXCELLENT Point!

I have always aspired to this being an INTERNATIONAL FORUM, while non English speakers are in a minority, we do have a lot of non UK participants. Posts can often be misinterpreted when a reader is reading in a second language.

In my experience, this is particularly the case with our cousins from the States & irony :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next