mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 10:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm 

Why is this Forum so quick to delete genuine posts? This approach will hurt this forum that I'm sure off? Just because you think a comment is tedious or tiresome stuff should not be judged by any of us. If the likes of me post what is tiresome to some please advise but from the start, don’t delete considered comments.

I'm referring to a post someone by the name of teaboy wrote. For what it is worth, I think every user should have to use their real name, if you know what I mean

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:19 pm 

For my own part, and I'm not in the know, but teaboys original comment was well received and then took on a turn that wasn't going anywhere. Or certainly wouldn't take on board what was being told in answer. He was asked what he was actually getting at as I understand and recall. You can have an answer that is referred to as '...the wisdom of the crowd....' (and there is a LOT of wisdom within this particular crowd, believe me) or you can ask the same question again and again, in as many ways as you like until you get the answer you want. And then, it turned to red and white cars.............. Time to pull the plug - and rightly so!

This reply might be a load of pure crap but I've got my steel helmet on and awaiting the incoming mortars. The price you pay for saying it as it is

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:27 pm 

Was the post genuine Alan ??

I considered it was aimed at having a direct dig at my car and others thought similar.

The replies to my posts were at best pissy. 'So doors, bonnet and bootlid would constitute a genuine 1967 Cooper S' when I had said that if the shell had been extensively repanelled but NOT replaced, it is still the original shell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm 

No Andrew, in no way did I view he was getting at you. That is the problem with no genuine names being used on this forum. I don’t know who he is but hope he returns.

Fair play to you Peter, you have the balls to answer my genuine question. I’ve told you before in private I say it as I see things. When a forum starts to restrict what most people what to discuss its game over in my view :(

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 pm 

Well, he is currently online Alan, so maybe he can clear this apparent misunderstanding up :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:07 pm 

Andrew, I would put my house on the fact you were not targeted by him.

And further, the red and white dispute / argument has ran its course.

Ponder this, would you or your family want to be selling a red and white car given how much is known about this whole subject. I think not is the considered view :?:

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:18 pm 

Opportunity missed .... now disappeared.

See all it would take is, 'Sorry lads if I didn't come across quite right but this is the reason I started the thread ....'

But no ...

So was this all about a red and white car AGAIN !! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:19 pm 

Whoever it was/is first post in years was a vague probing topic on a questionable subject. The original topic got binned rightly before it went south.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm 

Hipwell wrote:
Whoever it was/is first post in years was a vague probing topic on a questionable subject. The original topic got binned rightly before it went south.

Agreed Matt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm 

Andrew and Matt, I've always endored free speech, why will this person not play their cards?

Alan