Why Is This Forum So Quick To Delete Genuine Posts?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Supersonic

Why Is This Forum So Quick To Delete Genuine Posts?

Post by Supersonic »

Why is this Forum so quick to delete genuine posts? This approach will hurt this forum that I'm sure off? Just because you think a comment is tedious or tiresome stuff should not be judged by any of us. If the likes of me post what is tiresome to some please advise but from the start, don’t delete considered comments.

I'm referring to a post someone by the name of teaboy wrote. For what it is worth, I think every user should have to use their real name, if you know what I mean

Alan

Peter Laidler

Re: Why Is This Forum So Quick To Delete Genuine Posts?

Post by Peter Laidler »

For my own part, and I'm not in the know, but teaboys original comment was well received and then took on a turn that wasn't going anywhere. Or certainly wouldn't take on board what was being told in answer. He was asked what he was actually getting at as I understand and recall. You can have an answer that is referred to as '...the wisdom of the crowd....' (and there is a LOT of wisdom within this particular crowd, believe me) or you can ask the same question again and again, in as many ways as you like until you get the answer you want. And then, it turned to red and white cars.............. Time to pull the plug - and rightly so!

This reply might be a load of pure crap but I've got my steel helmet on and awaiting the incoming mortars. The price you pay for saying it as it is

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Was the post genuine Alan ??

I considered it was aimed at having a direct dig at my car and others thought similar.

The replies to my posts were at best pissy. 'So doors, bonnet and bootlid would constitute a genuine 1967 Cooper S' when I had said that if the shell had been extensively repanelled but NOT replaced, it is still the original shell.

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

No Andrew, in no way did I view he was getting at you. That is the problem with no genuine names being used on this forum. I don’t know who he is but hope he returns.

Fair play to you Peter, you have the balls to answer my genuine question. I’ve told you before in private I say it as I see things. When a forum starts to restrict what most people what to discuss its game over in my view :(

Alan

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Well, he is currently online Alan, so maybe he can clear this apparent misunderstanding up :)

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Andrew, I would put my house on the fact you were not targeted by him.

And further, the red and white dispute / argument has ran its course.

Ponder this, would you or your family want to be selling a red and white car given how much is known about this whole subject. I think not is the considered view :?:

Alan

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Opportunity missed .... now disappeared.

See all it would take is, 'Sorry lads if I didn't come across quite right but this is the reason I started the thread ....'

But no ...

So was this all about a red and white car AGAIN !! :roll:

Hipwell

Post by Hipwell »

Whoever it was/is first post in years was a vague probing topic on a questionable subject. The original topic got binned rightly before it went south.

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Hipwell wrote:Whoever it was/is first post in years was a vague probing topic on a questionable subject. The original topic got binned rightly before it went south.
Agreed Matt

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Andrew and Matt, I've always endored free speech, why will this person not play their cards?

Alan