mk2 valuation

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
abs

mk2 valuation

Post by abs »

Hi all, i have been offered a 1969 G reg Mk2 850 mini that has been dry stored by the 2nd owner for 30 years.
There is apparently no rust, yea right but it is in good solid condition. The hydro has been removed for dry but all the parts are still in storage.
The car has been partially stripped for paint some years ago but that is as far as it got.
So basically how much do you think its worth if everything is there and in good nick ?

Dearg1275

Re: mk2 valuation

Post by Dearg1275 »

You just have to look at the cost of a heritage shell to give you an idea of the value. Not the same of course but it does set some sort of bench mark. If the shell is easily restored it’s worth money what ever is coming with it becomes a bonus.

D

spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Pity the hydro's gone missing.....but if it's a good, solid unmolested and ' reasonably maintained ' shell, with V5 and history, what do you get for less than 5k......

abs

Post by abs »

Thanks chaps, prices have certainly gone up for early cars I guess.
I paid less than 3k for my mk2 Cooper with 12 months MOT 5 years ago.

Dr S

Post by Dr S »

I’m going through an agreed valuation now for my mk2. It’s a thou, lightly modified with lots of period parts. Period cooper interior etc. Zero rust.
I’ve asked for 12k we’ll see what they say. Shots of the car in my build thread of 68redshed.
Obviously a Cooper would be more and a S much more. But I think! That’s what it would cost to buy another really really clean mk2.
I've got a 69 Mini with a 1046, Cooper Head and a four on the floor.