mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:47 pm 

My body number is 411... and the digits on chassis number are 368...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 pm 

Attachment:
image.jpeg
Attachment:
image.jpeg
Attachment:
image.jpeg
Attached are some photos of the lost Mini Mk1 identity.
Attachment:
image.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:56 pm 

whistler wrote:
My body number is 411... and the digits on chassis number are 368...

It is very difficult to get correct information elsewhere, I have got more answers from you guys then anywhere else online. BMIHT haven't got a clue about what they are doing, if you have a different chassis number position then that of a standard car. There must be hundreds of cars out there without much information and sadly they are never going to get back on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 pm 

Richard Bacchuss at BMHIT has very recently been made aware of the positioning of the stamped chassis number on the bracket of some Minis. May be an idea to contact them again.

This all seems rather odd. To get a heritage certificate you just need to quote the chassis number along with make and model (and pay them of course). No requirement for you to send any proof of your number. Just add the prefix MA2S4 to the number you have found on the car, apply for the certificate and job done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:58 pm 

minimk1man wrote:
Richard Bacchuss at BMHIT has very recently been made aware of the positioning of the stamped chassis number on the bracket of some Minis. May be an idea to contact them again.

This all seems rather odd. To get a heritage certificate you just need to quote the chassis number along with make and model (and pay them of course). No requirement for you to send any proof of your number. Just add the prefix MA2S4 to the number you have found on the car, apply for the certificate and job done.

I have been emailing Richard on this subject and I made him aware of the bracket issue. The records for all Mini's have been away getting digitised and the early numbers (upto 120,000) have only just got back, having been waiting since November. He didn't think that the number on the bracket was the chassis number, so wouldn't issue a certificate for it. I am hopefully going to convince him after all the positive info I have received for you guys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:36 pm 

Richard spoke to me a couple of days ago regarding this subject. He is now aware. You should not have any problems now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:01 pm 

minimk1man wrote:
Richard spoke to me a couple of days ago regarding this subject. He is now aware. You should not have any problems now.

Thanks minimk1man, I will email Richard again tomorrow to find out if there is any new progress.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:16 pm 

This is a very interesting subject...…
So here is my question (as I'm in a similar position), once a Heritage certificate has arrived, how can you find out the original reg number? or do you get issued an age related plate?
I have 2 early race cars (need a lot of work) one has a Vin but no Reg number, the other has a Reg number but no Vin....
Great advice/help so far.... :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm 

AustinSuperSeven wrote:
This is a very interesting subject...…
So here is my question (as I'm in a similar position), once a Heritage certificate has arrived, how can you find out the original reg number? or do you get issued an age related plate?
I have 2 early race cars (need a lot of work) one has a Vin but no Reg number, the other has a Reg number but no Vin....
Great advice/help so far.... :D

That is exactly what I have to do! Having worked on a 900 hour restoration so far, to be told no chassis plate number, then the identity is lost.

If I do get a heritage certificate then the next stage is V5 registration. Sending off the V765 (if you can find the reg number somewhere) or apply for an aged related number. This can only be done via a mini club and the car has to be complete, many, many more hours of work. Never really knowing that it will be excepted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:08 pm 

Interesting thread this ..there are so many books re advise on identifiying Minis/Coopers..Chassis/body numbers,FE Numbers on Flitch panel,Engine numbers..for anyone that doesn't have these stamped on body/engines or even worse not even a registration number ?!!..how would you be able to prove any validity ? let alone get a Heritage Cert..!!..having said that Mk1 mini production information is far more extensive/traceable than say MK2 0r Mk3,s....foxy52

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next