mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 10:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:23 pm 

Very good looking 1275GT. Inka Yellow :!: :?:

Kees.

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 pm 

The real pisser is that round these parts there were several old ex works shells being driven around as family cars. Most found their way to good homes eventually. But one that I have mentioned a few times, lived in a garage in St Amand Drive, off Caldecot Road. Was there for seemingly years and years, slowly getting covered in old boxes, gardening tools and old furniture. Dad and mum were nice people, dad worked at MG and purchased the old shell and most of the guts. The dopey son was a wave short of a shipwreck - one of those what we call 'eyes are bigger than their bellies' who really didn't have a clue. He should have made do with an 850! Once he'd left home....., a couple of years later mum and dad downsized and remains of car went to the scrappies at Drayton........

Learned fairly recently that another bloke I know who lives on The Green at Steventon got the front brakes and some suspension bits from it not realising that it was a works shell. The only good bit was that another pal got his near new 998 brakes whe he put the S brakes on his Cooper.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 pm 

Its bronze yellow. Ive been trying to trace the history of the GT and this photo is a good find. Definitely mine- all the little bits add up- Sunroof, aerial hole in the same place, number plate mounting drilled holes in same place, same broken indicator lens, same over-spray....Shame the number plates were not hanging up on the wall of the garage as that's the important bit that's missing. The photo was taken in Fareham in around 2014. Dont know who posted the picture onto fliker unfortunatly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 pm 

jerry wrote:
Its bronze yellow. Ive been trying to trace the history of the GT and this photo is a good find. Definitely mine- all the little bits add up- Sunroof, aerial hole in the same place, number plate mounting drilled holes in same place, same broken indicator lens, same over-spray....Shame the number plates were not hanging up on the wall of the garage as that's the important bit that's missing. The photo was taken in Fareham in around 2014. Dont know who posted the picture onto fliker unfortunatly

Jerry, I love Bronze Yellow, very early 1970 :D :D

Early 1275 GT cars are lovely :idea: :idea: :idea:

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 pm 

Costafortune wrote:
spoon.450 wrote:
Here's one local to me.....probably passed the point of no return.....taken about four years ago. I'll go and get another pic soon :D

An Aqua hydro 998 Clubman. Probably still some useful bits on that.

Honest. :lol:

1100/1300 in front?

Yes....two of them....one a Princess......no twin carbs or 12g295 though....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm 

More from the same local collection, a Mk2 AD016 sitting in the undergrowth amongst the rotting Minis.....

Spot the Denovo amongst what remains of this 1275GT....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 am 

[img][img]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 am 

Here's a few from the 80's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:58 am 

Some more...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:59 am 

Last few...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next