Man reunited with nan's old Mini...

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mab01uk

Man reunited with nan's old Mini...

Post by mab01uk »

A man plans to restore his late grandmother's Mini, which he last saw in 1994, after spotting it being sold in an online forum.
Daniel Fox, 36, stumbled across the Mini while shopping for a second-hand vehicle.
Mr Fox, from Great Gransden, Cambridgeshire, said he was "amazed" to spot the 35-year-old car languishing in a Norfolk garage.
The radio presenter was reunited with the Mini on Sunday.
Mr Fox said he had been looking for a similar vehicle for about a year when he saw the picture posted online.
"It had no number plate so I didn't immediately recognise it, but then I had to do a double and triple take," he said.
Full story here:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-47076427

AndyPen

Re: Man reunited with nan's old Mini...

Post by AndyPen »

mab01uk wrote:A man plans to restore his late grandmother's Mini, which he last saw in 1994, after spotting it being sold in an online forum.
Daniel Fox, 36, stumbled across the Mini while shopping for a second-hand vehicle.
Mr Fox, from Great Gransden, Cambridgeshire, said he was "amazed" to spot the 35-year-old car languishing in a Norfolk garage.
The radio presenter was reunited with the Mini on Sunday.
Mr Fox said he had been looking for a similar vehicle for about a year when he saw the picture posted online.
"It had no number plate so I didn't immediately recognise it, but then I had to do a double and triple take," he said.
Full story here:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-47076427
Nice story - funny how these little cars pull on the heart strings ;-)

Beatie

Re: Man reunited with nan's old Mini...

Post by Beatie »

Saw that on Look East during the week and originally thought OMG bobs back again with his media machine :lol: :lol:
Nice story and nice for a change to be about a bog std 80’s car