Endeavour Morse Car Detail

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Supersonic

Endeavour Morse Car Detail

Post by Supersonic »

The Endeavour Morse car detail was not very well thought out in last night's new series was it. Why had the Oxon Panda car got a 1965 Omagh County Tyrone registration (264 HZ)? I also recall all Panda ADO16 cars were 1100cc 2-door base models. The 1100 Club sticker was a further mistake given the club was not formed until 1985 :D

I'm sure many seen these poor mistakes :)

Alan

LMM76C

Re: Endeavour Morse Car Detail

Post by LMM76C »

Yes a bit painfully wrong wasn't it.
First series had a wire wheeled 3.4 Jag which was demoted to a rear spatted 2.4 in subsequent series.
Last series seemed to be the wrong year for a mix of Mk3 and 4 Zephyrs to be on charge?

morris-miner

Post by morris-miner »

And the original J reg plate etched into the Windows !!!!
Oh and the ghastly overspray as Morse opens the door......

Old English White

Post by Old English White »

It is all because the producers will not pay for professional car supply. They contact local "old car owners" via clubs etc and ask if they'll turn up on filming days for no payment - just for the "glory" of seeing their old car on TV and some free food and drink. That is why there are so many mistakes with vehicles nowadays in period dramas. Added to that, those in art and props departments are generally too young to have any real idea what cars are correct for the period they are filming :(

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

Thanks everyone, they made a mess of things last night for me. A post September 1967 Austin 1300 with a 1965 registration from Northern Ireland. :?:

Alan