Who Would Want To Live In The Past?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Lakeland997

Re: Who Would Want To Live In The Past?

Post by Lakeland997 »

Antibiotics was close, it was ‘Dentistry’
Love it or hate it, it was a lot worse in the past.
I’m giving up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?

hanlminiman

Post by hanlminiman »

Lakeland997 wrote:Antibiotics was close, it was ‘Dentistry’
Love it or hate it, it was a lot worse in the past.
Agreed. Had a very painful experience with a local dentist in the mid 1960's. But in the late 1970's an Irish dentist restored my faith after spending hours trying to find a solution to a very painful abcess.
I still ma aware of Dentists though.
:mrgreen: the only toothy one I could find. :D

miniminor

Post by miniminor »

A time machine back to August '59 with a couple of months of worth of 2019 wages burning a hole in my pocket.
Visit a few Austin / Morris dealerships, pick up a few early launch cars, quick trip to a hermetically sealed storage location that survives to this day, up on axle stands, quick douse of wax, dust covers in place, store in a cool dry location etc for approx 60 years......
(I'm still working on the finer details of this plan, need to get some age appropriate clothes etc so I dont stand out as a "not from 1950's bloke", once the teething troubles are ironed out I may make another trip back around 1963, some Cooper badged cars on the shopping list) :lol:
"Get the wheels in line, Get the wheels in line with it! ..... and then slam your brakes on or we'll be in the cabin ! "

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2014 Freelander 2 SD4

Lakeland997

Post by Lakeland997 »

miniminor wrote:A time machine back to August '59 with a couple of months of worth of 2019 wages burning a hole in my pocket.
Visit a few Austin / Morris dealerships, pick up a few early launch cars, quick trip to a hermetically sealed storage location that survives to this day, up on axle stands, quick douse of wax, dust covers in place, store in a cool dry location etc for approx 60 years......
(I'm still working on the finer details of this plan, need to get some age appropriate clothes etc so I dont stand out as a "not from 1950's bloke", once the teething troubles are ironed out I may make another trip back around 1963, some Cooper badged cars on the shopping list) :lol:
My dream too but £500 invested in the stock market in 1959 would be worth £50,000 today (and no hermetically sealed garage rental to pay)
I’m giving up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

I'd go to New York in the '60s and buy a couple of Andy Warhol Brillo boxes and some Marilyn Monroe screen prints.
The Sweeney's doing ninety 'cos they've got the word to go...

Daz1968

Post by Daz1968 »

I only need to go back about an hour to put my lottery on.

WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

Back to King Street in Hammersmith in the '60s to see all those lovely coachbuilt Minis coming and going at Radford's workshop.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

steve1071

Post by steve1071 »

back to the 80's and apply for a few log books...... ;)