mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 am 

Happy to say me and 3 more miniaholic forum members from Portugal will join Blyton days! 8-)
Looking forward to be there !

Cheers
Luis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm 

Pardon the daft question gents - presumably the booking bit is only if you want to go on the track like previous years..?

Cheers ;)

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:46 pm 

LuisM wrote:
Happy to say me and 3 more miniaholic forum members from Portugal will join Blyton days! 8-)

Cheers
Luis
. Fantastic! You’ll be made very welcome!!
8-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm 

WMU 211G wrote:
Pardon the daft question gents - presumably the booking bit is only if you want to go on the track like previous years..?

Cheers ;)
. Yes you only need to book to get on track. Anyone else just show up on the day , make a donation to Cancer Research and you’re in! All classic Minis and derivatives will all be parked together in the paddock!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:45 pm 

Thanks Pete - planning on being there on the Sunday ;)

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm 

Great! I’ve a feeling we’re gonna be busy this year!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 pm 

Couple of things to attend to on WMU before I go but nothing that can't be sorted ;)

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm 

LuisM wrote:

Cheers
Luis

GREAT news Luis, looking forward to seeing you there, I will bring beer!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:11 pm 

I'll be in attendance again with a stall as per.

Can I ask, and do tell me to 'shove it' and 'stop winging' if it's too complicated, but could we have pitches for those bringing stalls? I've come every year, and I really don't want to sound like I'm winging, but last year it seemed a bit of a mismatch of pitches and people setting up all over. Granted, I was late to arrive, and I still managed, but I think with the popularity of the event it's something that needs a little more thought?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your suggestion, & I do appreciate that the stall section can be a bit "informal".

There is however a reason for this.

No stall holders are charged for their pitches, but get access to a pretty good cross section of the oddball Mini part buying public.
Everything is organised by Pete & myself & on the day / weekend, we are always totally rushed off our feet. Arranging specific pitches & where people set up would be another thing for us to worry about. We don't have time to do this & as we have no idea how many traders are going to set up until they have arrived this could be quite a difficult exercise unless we deployed a crystal ball.

Speaking for myself, the slightly chaotic nature of Blyton is one of it's strongest selling points & I for one wouldn't like to loose this.

However, if you want to turn up at about 6.30 on Sunday morning & stay until 1/2 way through Sunday at the earliest to ensure that all the traders get an appropriate pitch, field any complaints & resolve all disputes yourself for no recompense please feel free to do so. Your help would be much appreciated.

M :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next