mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm
Posts: 461
Whats interesting at The NEC Classic Show now on.? . will be there tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:02 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Solihull, UK
Mini wise? Rebuild heritage car on BMH stand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1299
I see the MCR are ringing more bells this year at the NEC Classic Car Show. They have a green Mini Mk1 with registration 999 FYL on their stand. They claim it is the Downton Cooper S that was owned by the late Princess Margaret. If you look up on the DVLA site that registration is now on a May 1974 998cc Mini Clubman :?:

Imagine trying to fake a famous car once owned by the Queen’s younger Sister. I find this very distasteful, but the MCR hierarchy seem to have no problem with the distortion of truth when it suits them. :(

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 6:19 pm
Posts: 4
If the chairman of the MCR and most of the other registrars can only muster up fake or logbook cars in their garages what do you expect other than them to accept the same from their ‘friends’ !!! After all, they do stamp the forms for the DVLA don’t they!!?!!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1299
970blower wrote:
If the chairman of the MCR and most of the other registrars can only muster up fake or logbook cars in their garages what do you expect other than them to accept the same from their ‘friends’ !!! After all, they do stamp the forms for the DVLA don’t they!!?!!?


970 Blower, your open views are appreciated. I can tell you without fear of contradiction that many in this said club know they are heading for a large iceberg with senior members telling copious lies. I was a member of this club for many years.

And let me make this clear, the club is populated with many geniune fine people.

Time to make changes many think :?:

Truth will always win through

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1299
Supersonic wrote:
970blower wrote:
If the chairman of the MCR and most of the other registrars can only muster up fake or logbook cars in their garages what do you expect other than them to accept the same from their ‘friends’ !!! After all, they do stamp the forms for the DVLA don’t they!!?!!?


970 Blower, your open views are appreciated. I can tell you without fear of contradiction that many in this said club know they are heading for a large iceberg with senior members telling copious lies. I was a member of this club for many years.

And let me make this clear, the club is populated with many geniune fine people.

Time to make changes many think :?:

Truth will always win through

Alan



What I should have said is dishonesty and deception by the famous few have fooled no one I'm very pleased to say :)

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 159
I see we are back to the axe grinding!

Why can't we just have a thread on the NEC that celebrates the show. A few select people just have to get back to bashing the MCR.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 159
I also think regardless of what you might think of our chairman, that the registrars, many of whom post on here, would take exception to what is being said.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 13
More importantly what happened to all the mk1 panels magnum promised this time last year would be here in 2018? Any updates at this years show?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC Classic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Posts: 1299
ace01 wrote:
I also think regardless of what you might think of our chairman, that the registrars, many of whom post on here, would take exception to what is being said.


Tony, you are entitled to your opinion not a problem. You should have a look on the Mk1 Mini facebook to see I’m not alone in speaking out on this mockery. I’ve no wish to offend anyone and I’m on record as saying there are many fine people in the MCR. Perhaps you as a MCR committee member could answer some of the questions raised about this car on display? :idea:

Alan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Old English White, turbocox and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr