mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: EBAY BLOCKING BID SNIPER
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am 

so I spotted some nos boot hinges for my healey project....set Bid Scheduler ( yes im one of those w......kers). would have won them easily. but ebay blocked it :x ???. ok I can understand Banks blocking activity but Bid scheduler is owned by ebay isnt it?.

well the Chap selling lost £50...so recon if this is happening a lot then its another reason not to sell on Ebay!

Sorry it looks like ebay blocked you as they wanted you to confirm more information about your account. You would have to call them and let them know it was fine to bid for you.
Attention buyer
Attention! To help protect your account, eBay has put a temporary block on your site activity at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, limits are occasionally placed on accounts until we obtain additional verification from a member.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 am 

last week HSBC wrote to me telling me they where closing all my accounts ...unless I could prove I wasnt money laundering with the United States!....Im I being paranoid :roll: or is this just normal ?? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am 

I believe one problem is ebay will block snipe bids if you are not in the country the vendor posts to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 pm 

mini63 wrote:
I believe one problem is ebay will block snipe bids if you are not in the country the vendor posts to.

thats understandable ...but this wasnt the case with this seller.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:42 pm 

I think Ebay blocking bid snipping is a good thing. It will encourage buyers to place bids before the end of an auction instead of the last second. This will let buyers see how popular an item is and if there is any competition. It will help to create bidding wars before the auctions end and thus improving the price that a seller gets for their item (and the fees that Ebay will earn).
Not so good for buyers though, but then if you really need that rare part then I guess you will have to pay more that what someone else is willing to pay for it. If the part is not so rare then another one will be along shortly, especially when sellers can see what the last one achieved.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

They do this occasionally.

I'll PM you with a solution.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:51 pm 

I use Gixen.com and had to re-register with them as Ebay needed conformation that Gixen could bid on my behalf. Gixen is based in the USA but i use them to bid on any Ebay site. Still got outbid on the Davis Craig water pump last week though!

Jerry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm 

jerry wrote:
I use Gixen.com and had to re-register with them as Ebay needed conformation that Gixen could bid on my behalf. Gixen is based in the USA but i use them to bid on any Ebay site. Still got outbid on the Craig David CD last week though!

Jerry

For a horrible moment...............