mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 pm 

I think they were a very well built and very stylish Mini that used the 1275cc Austin 1300 GT engine with a compression ratio of 9.75:1 and developed 70 bhp with the AEG 538 camshaft. Their performance was close to the original Mk1/2/3 1275 Mini Cooper S.

From what I’ve seen, their build quality from Milan was excellent with the stylish interior and lovely dashboard. I believe the Innocenti Mini Cooper 1300 is now a very rare and desirable little Mini Cooper.

The problem I have with them is I really don’t remember many of them from my younger days because they were so rare over here.

I worked on some of them and recall they used the ADO16 gearbox and remote which made them very smooth running units :D

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:09 pm 

I also really don’t remember many of them from my younger days (1970's) because Innocenti Minis of any kind were so rare in the UK. Whenever I saw one it was usually on TV in a film or driving in upmarket areas of Central London. I do remember wishing I could get hold of an Innocenti dashboard, grille, bootlid and the large Carrello rear light units with built in reversing lights to upgrade my UK built Mini and make it stand out from all the other modified Minis on the UK's roads at that time. With the introduction of the Mk4 Mini in the 1980's I thought it was great to see the Innocenti rear lights on UK Minis at last and went straight out and ordered a set from my local BL Dealer to fit to my 1972 Mk3 Mini!

The Italian-built estate version of the Mini was called the Innocenti Mini t…
https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/innocen ... ti-mini-t/

1970 Innocenti Mini-Minor:-
https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/innocen ... ini-minor/

The Innocenti factory was a world class facility, as these pictures clearly show.
In many ways, this Mini production line was more advanced than its progenitor back in Longbridge.
https://www.aronline.co.uk/facts-and-fi ... innocenti/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:31 pm 

Very nice cars and haven't gone stupidly priced. Many years ago I nearly bought one, with a great reg. number....1275 UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:25 am 

I saw a few in France in the seventies and they struck me as being very chic and exotic compared to the Misery 850/1000 sold here. They were always more desirable than the UK Cooper/S so it's odd how undervalued they are now.

What I could never work out that Donald Stokes axed the Cooper/S in the UK to save royalties to JC, yet this one carried on until what, 1976?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am 

Supersonic wrote:
I think they were a very well built and very stylish Mini that used the 1275cc Austin 1300 GT engine with a compression ratio of 9.75:1 and developed 70 bhp with the AEG 538 camshaft. Their performance was close to the original Mk1/2/3 1275 Mini Cooper S.

From what I’ve seen, their build quality from Milan was excellent with the stylish interior and lovely dashboard. I believe the Innocenti Mini Cooper 1300 is now a very rare and desirable little Mini Cooper.

The problem I have with them is I really don’t remember many of them from my younger days because they were so rare over here.

I worked on some of them and recall they used the ADO16 gearbox and remote which made them very smooth running units :D

Alan

I think they were only produced in LHD as well, with no RHD Dash available.

They do seem to be a nicely made and finished car.

Looking at the links mab01uk has kindly posted, they certainly did appear to be in full swing with production.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 am 
Site Admin

It's always been one of my favourite models. Inno were making real quality Minis when in the UK they were getting worse & worse.

AndyB's Red one is still one of my favourite cars, if it had been mine, I wouldn't have sold it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:16 am 

In the early eighties there was a small importer of these in Stoke on Trent, went by the name of 'Autochange' I think, there's still a few around with S-O-T '-EH' reg. prefixes.

A decent looking Export here on eBay..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Cooper- ... SwWI5cQary

Nick :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 am 

That does look a nice one.
Apart from - what's going on with the exhaust?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:35 am 

;) I had an 1975 Rosso Bianco 1300 Export Inno Cooper
many years ag,o it was the best Mini I ever had.

Only did sell it that time becouse someone realy wanted it
and did offer me an very good price for it.

They where very well made, the handeling and power was
very well in balans.

Only the new owner took it appart to do an full restoration
he tought was necessary and never build it up again.
He left it in an lockup for years, eventuele all part where sold
by some one who payed half for the lockup to.

Kees.

Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am 

Attachment:
IMG_1583sm.jpg

The exhaust is factory original 1300 Export! (Quite a rare thing, ugly but rare) Over the years I have owned 5 Innocentis 4 Cooper 1300's and a Cooper MK3 which I still have, great cars!

Attachment:
lfx beaulieu 2015sm.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.