mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 am 
Site Admin

kit of bits wrote:
mk1 wrote:
Easy TKU 133 my Almond Green 1071

"Sold" it to as mate for a song along with a full set of new panels, on the understanding it was to be restored. It wasn't & to add insult to injury he even flogged some bits of it back to me that turned out to be scrap.

I will regret that for as long as I live.

I really like that! Is it still alive?

No :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am 

Mk3 S Rally Car rust free .. sold before the prices went up because i though i had too many cars .. the car then did Rally of the Tests & came home 5th

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am 

mk1 wrote:
kit of bits wrote:
mk1 wrote:
Easy TKU 133 my Almond Green 1071

"Sold" it to as mate for a song along with a full set of new panels, on the understanding it was to be restored. It wasn't & to add insult to injury he even flogged some bits of it back to me that turned out to be scrap.

I will regret that for as long as I live.

I really like that! Is it still alive?

No :cry:

Is there a story to tell about it :?:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:24 am 

My 1965 Mk1 Morris 998 Cooper - Tweed Grey / OEW. Unrestored with period accessories - the car had amazing patina and I bitterly regret selling it!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am 

Around 1986 i was given a island blue mk1 S it was a rolling shell with interior, by todays standard it didnt really need a lot
We were not to sure if we had the correct registration for it as there were no number plates with the car but we did find a plate inside the car, which was a D plate and did tie up with year the car was ment to be
kept it safe and dry for four years, then along came a messy split up with my x.
I had to give up the space i was renting, i had absolutely nowhere to keep it at the time, it wasnt a rolling shell anymore as i had removed the front and rear frames.
As far as i am aware it was disposed off, all i have left to this day is two doors and a chassis plate

Another one was an early 1275gt H reg, another rolling shell strangely enough, the previous owner had sent of the V5 as scrap
we planned to use this for some form of motor sport but never got round to it, the shell was actually quite good. it would have been an easy fix

and another later applejack 1275gt 78 model sold it as it kept jumping out of third gear

as i live in quite a rural area special mini's never did turn up very often as far as i am aware there has only been one S turned up locked away in an old garage.
Though i do know of an earlyish GT that has been in a council lockup since the 80's

http://www.dunsdalecoachworks.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Is there a story to tell about it :?

Not really. I had it for about 20 years & it lived a "full life" I used to botch it up to pass the MOT when it needed it & one day I realised that it was so far gone that I couldn't be bothered to weld it up, so I stripped it for bits & sold the shell. This was however in the days well before people bothered to weld up the total basket cases that they do nowadays. Compared to most of them it was mint.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:11 pm 

Sold remains for 500 after my ex had a bad prang !!!... this pic taken in 1979 not long before its fatefull crash ..Mountney s/w,aux door locks,rear wash wipe,wasso,s rev counter,stage 2 engine..did about 110 Nice late mk 3..i so miss this car !!!.. foxy52

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm 

mk1 wrote:
It was. I have never had another Mini that drove as well as TKU.

When you have owned several Minis there always seems to be one Mini which drove better than all the others, this was my favourite and the one I wished I still had. I sold it to a friend in the late 1970's because I wanted to 'upgrade' to a Mk3 with winding windows! Sadly the buyer neglected it and sold it on within a year and the next time I saw it parked up a couple of years later it was in a terrible state.....

This was my brothers first free formula 850 race Mini in the Brands Hatch paddock 1973, we built it from a 1961 shell in my dad's garage after school/work evenings and weekends using Triple C and Clive Trickey books for reference. Sadly we scrapped the lightened shell a couple of years later to convert to Mini 7 which did not allow such drastic alloy side panel/rear bulkhead/roof, etc body mods. If only we still had it in our garage today.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 pm 

I had a 1968 Canadian Market MGB that I sold when my daughter was born in 97 (Replaced it with a BGT so the car seat would fit) That was a real unicorn, Wire wheels with the eared (DANGEROUS!) knock offs, steel dash, leather low-back bucket seats and the wide trans tunnel with O/D, in Primrose Yellow

Also a 73 Jensen Interceptor III, After my divorce, I found a secure barn to store it until I able to get back to it, sadly the barn roof was not secure and it spent a couple years in a muddy bog that never dried out, ended up selling it for a fraction of what I paid due to the rust. I couldn't bring myself to tackle it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:31 pm 

minimans wrote:
how about a 59 850 buried in the back garden of my house in east molesley I was moving to the statest hat week and nobody wanted it so in the hole it went with all the other stuff i couldnt take with me including a pair of Quad valve amps which are now selling for outrages sums of money

I live not far from East Molesley in Surrey and know the area well. Do you think it is worth going to the garden to dig for the '59 850?.........a bit like they did for a buried motorcycle on American Pickers a while back. :lol:
American Pickers: Mike Unearths A Buried Motorcycle:-
In this scene, Mike digs up a backyard after hearing a legend about a buried Indian motorcycle.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUta4Tgi34

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next