mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 pm 

Here in Northern Ireland a collection of old Mini Coopers have come on the market. I was at the Spa Presbyterian Church Vintage gathering today which was full of Minis and BMC / BLMC cars. This collection sale came up in the conversations and it was very interesting. These cars most people know were some years ago built to suit logbooks that were found from old scrapped vehicles. The point that I’m making here is that if run of the mill replica cars are being ignored, I’m in no doubt the cars recreated as famous rally cars will be disregarded in the same fashion.

Only my thought for the day

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

I think point made time after time is most members are ok with log book rebuilds as long as it made clear what they are...

Ultimately, the genuine barn find, un-molested “ smell that original interior” , geniune provenance, original shell...... will always be more desirable to most of us :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm 

Exminiman wrote:
I think point made time after time is most members are ok with log book rebuilds as long as it made clear what they are...

Ultimately, the genuine barn find, un-molested “ smell that original interior” , geniune provenance, original shell...... will always be more desirable to most of us :mrgreen:

I’m in total agreement with you. If one is honest from the outset there is never a problem. False claims of vehicle provenance and starting point history cause problems which I refer to in the first post :D

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:20 pm 

Are they advertised anywhere?

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2004 Discovery 2 Td5
2014 Freelander 2 SD4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 am 

miniminor wrote:
Are they advertised anywhere?

They were advertised on Gumtree but I see all the adverts for cars and parts have been removed :roll:

All I know is that none of my friends showed any interest in them I'm pleased to say :D :D

Alan