mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Where are they ?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 pm 

Never mind the smile on other people’s faces, what about the insane grin you can work up driving a mini as they like to be driven. Just get out there in yours and smile. 18,000 miles in 4 years and mine has not rotted away yet.

D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 pm 

If you had been down the road in Christchurch on the Sunday you would have seen 6 Minis including mine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 pm 

My 997 got back onto the road this year after 30 years resting & then became my no1 car when my VW was back at the Warranty Dealer cos the radio was crap & this needed a new Antenna so they had to change the Rear Screen to get the VW radio working again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm 

I usually see a few round about the Leeds area :!: I have to date this year done 3,000mls in mine
showing it, most weekends, being a rare" Coachbuilt" it certainly turns heads 8-) plenty of thumbs
up. This 71yr old fart still loves driving it as often as I can, and I am lucky in the fact that she whom
must be obeyed likes traveling in it,
I will admit (some) so called drivers think old cars are just a pest on the roads, and think nothing
of pulling out in front of you :shock: or sitting on the rear bumper :cry:
I particularly worry about overnight parking at Hotels ect, having said that I have no intention whilst
I am fit and able! to keep it hidden away.
On the comments from Kees! I was in Holland early in the year traveled about a fair bit, only
seen one Mini :o in his garage 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: No offence meant Kees ;)

The Count :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 pm 

The weather over here has been really dry the last couple of months, and I've been driving my mini 1-2 times a week to work. It's done about 3000km this year, and I've done at least another 1000km driving a friends mini.

I don't really see any others out on the roads on weekdays, but weekends all the classics come out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:12 am 

There are about half a dozen I see round our way but it has to be said not that often, more's the pity. Just round the corner there's a red and silver N reg'd Cooper Sportpack sat on a drive which doesn't seem to move much but I do regularly see a little old lady driving her dark blue early '90s Mini Sprite which I think she bought new. My mate across the other side of town still has a '65 Mk1 Cooper tucked up in his garage awaiting restoration, it's been there since 2003 and he's only the second owner, I doubt very much if it'll ever get done as he's too busy faffing about with a VW camper and a couple of Vespa scooters.

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
1994 Jap Mini 1275 Auto 'project 70s backdate'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 pm 

:lol: Hi Count, yes only one in my garage at that time, Now there a two classics in it. :D
In the neighberhood where I live are the most Milionairs from the Netherlands and they all
have more cars to use but the New MINI is what they drive most of the time.

Classic Mini are rare on ower roads as well but if I drive my bronze yellow Mk3 people are
looking with a smile on there face and are thinking : "I wish I had one like these" :lol:

Kees.