mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Goodwood
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:15 am 

Yes Malcolm, I am indeed the fool tasked with the cat herding...
The starting blocks worked amazingly well this year and won me a bet with Competitions who challenged me to get it lined up and away within 15 minutes - you guys did it in three and won me a pint. Not convinced by the megaphone though, great visual cue but it has been suggested that it narrows the throw of my voice too much - any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:39 am 

Alex wrote:
Having seen Jason's car where it was being stored off-track while retrieving my GoPro from it, the impact is severe but hopefully not as bad as it could have been. Looked like more of a frontal sideswipe than a full frontal impact, the doors worked and sounded good, and the windscreen was in place. Time on the jig will tell the full story.
Jackie Oliver lost his appeal against his penalties for causing the accident, my footage pointing out of the back window was pretty damning...

Well done to Lachlan - I look forward to shouting at him again next year :lol:

I heard a story they were trying to fix it for the owners race, was that true Alex ? it looked a bit more than an over night job to me !

Mini Historic Rally DJJ266H

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 pm 

Alex,
The starting blocks were definitely great idea and worked perfectly - no more scrabbling around for a stone or a stick to chock the wheel. Re your meagphone, I won't allow you not to bring it next year, it's part of your outfit! The only improvement would be an amplified megaphone or a proper PA system, which would then mean that you weren't the shouty man any more - wouldn't be the same.

If you're on here, I presume you're a mini man? What've you got?

Billy Cooper,
I went to speak to Jason's mechanics later on Saturday afternoon and at that point (before they'd been to see the car) they were up for an all-nighter to get Jason out on Sunday, but presumably ran out of time or decided that they wouldn't make it. It would have been a heroic effort if they had managed to get it onto the grid.

Malcolm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 am 

I too thought that Jasons car might have been repairable, but the efforts were hampered by it being away from the circuit - crashed cars are not brought back to the paddock for the ghouls to gawp at. Luckily I knew exactly where it was (as I'd spent a large lump of Friday at FoS tracking down Bill Goldberg's smashed NASCAR pickup and arranging its return to Mike Skinner and his team) but in reality and with hindsight it wasn't going to happen. At a BTCC race meeting maybe, but not Revival.

As for being allowed an amplified megaphone... or a PA system... unlikely at Revival. It's not in keeping and I spend enough time doing that at FoS. The temptation to veer off the path of the sensible and into the realms of the silly would be far to great, just like at FoS.

Plenty of Minis - my Radford was in the Shot in the Dark display next to the Sellers one; my Union Jack car is at Members every year, usually at the end of the tunnel in the daffodils; my estate is hors-de-combat at the moment due to ongoing rust repairs; the Hornet is in build; the Countryman is lined up for something very special indeed; the unique Canadian car is awaiting new bumpers; the Elf is waiting for the rainy day; the A30 wins things.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:38 pm 

Wow, that's a lot of cars - you must be a busy man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7