Wood & Picket Info

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mab01uk

Re: Wood & Picket Info

Post by mab01uk »

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Having recently worked on a very original Radford, the expression "Fur Coat & No Knickers" best describes Radford's "high" standards :lol:

Some very interesting, beautiful & unique cars, but the beauty is little more than skin deep!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

mk1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:34 pm Having recently worked on a very original Radford, the expression "Fur Coat & No Knickers" best describes Radford's "high" standards :lol:

Some very interesting, beautiful & unique cars, but the beauty is little more than skin deep!
I thought the same after a close look over the pre-restoration Peter Harrison (George Harrison's brother) Radford a couple of years ago!
nick@dunsdale

Post by nick@dunsdale »

mk1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:34 pm Having recently worked on a very original Radford, the expression "Fur Coat & No Knickers" best describes Radford's "high" standards :lol:

The dash rail flattened with a lump hammer to get the new dash's in always springs to mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best repairs go un-noticed
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Ha, ha, yup, that's the sort of thing.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
timell

Post by timell »

Or the switch panel aperture made larger to accept the radio...using a cold chisel and lump hammer! :shock:
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Funny you should mention that Tim :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.
hanlminiman
Location: Still in a Car Home in North Cotswolds, close to Prescott Hill Climb & Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by hanlminiman »

An interesting observation Mark which I agree with. I've been on a Radford voyage since the beginning of 2019 and was surprised what I found! Just glad I did not suffer an electrical fault as I found many hidden electrical items !!!! I also found some very interesting enlarged holes with very sharp edges.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Cliff,

That was one of the things we decided on very early was that we would "reinvent" the wiring loom, the original Radford one was absolutely horrendous :)
Mark F
General dogsbody.