Ferret Fotographics?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
66Traveller

Re: Ferret Fotographics?

Post by 66Traveller »

Does anybody know the contact details for the new owner of the archive? I'm looking for some photos from the 1965 Geneva Motor Show of AJB44B...
Smithmaps

Post by Smithmaps »

An internet search turns up this as the current owners

https://www.automobileshistoriques.com/about
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

The 917 they are photographed in will be Vanessa's Uncles car, and the one they left their wedding in! :shock:

She was working for Gregor at the time, and I believe the wedding was interrupted somewhat by the car being warmed up outside the church during the service :lol:

Al
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Smithmaps wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 pm An internet search turns up this as the current owners

https://www.automobileshistoriques.com/about
So does anyone know if/how you can request a search of the Ferret Fotographics archive via the new owners?
The website above looks only for those interested in buying exotic sports cars...
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

I'd email them directly with the subject of the query. Ted used to keep a pretty comprehensive index of the archive, so I imagine have will have this and be able to search for the right images.

His boxes / drawers at events were less well sorted.... :lol:

LAT (part of Haymarket group) might be worth a try as well, as they hold the archive used by autocar and the Motor, i think, so likely will have some of such a big event. They had a websearch facility, but also responded to emails quite quickly in the past

Al
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I think a lot of the mini stuff was sold off before Ted sold out, I may be wrong..
D
Pete

Post by Pete »

I bought loads of Teds stuff before he sold off all his negatives. He’s a great bloke and was very cooperative and generous with me year after year when I rifled through his drawers :shock: at the big shows but In reality he rarely turned up images on request. HiS collection was massive though, sourced oodles of Unipower GT images, race and loads of rally shots. LAT’s web search engine only shows you a tiny fraction of what they have, so I’d email and ask them for that specific image and see what happens.