Ferret Fotographics?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mab01uk

Ferret Fotographics?

Post by mab01uk »

Anyone know the best way of contacting Ferret Fotographics, none of the website or email links I found on a search seemed to work. I am looking for some club racing photographs from Fred Scatley and Jeff Bloxam and believe Ted Walker has their archives from the 1970's?
Pandora

Re: Ferret Fotographics?

Post by Pandora »

Ted has always been tricky to get hold of by email.

Is there not a phone number on the website?

I have a funny feeling he may have sold up and retired though?

He was usually at the main race events, so might be 'on the road' at weekends during the season, if he's still working.

I always found the only way to get hold of him is in person, so for me, usually at Revival

The other person who might be able to help is Doug Nye as he has the Geoff Bloxham archive (GP Library) who may have covered the same events. - you'll get him via the Autosport Nostalgia Forum.

Al
Pete

Post by Pete »

Ted retired from the photo business and sold his archive last year so not sure how much help he could be. I bought some of it!
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Pete wrote:Ted retired from the photo business and sold his archive last year so not sure how much help he could be. I bought some of it!
Thanks Al & Pete....do you who bought what or know what parts of the Fred Scatley and Jeff Bloxam archive are available and from whom?
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Sorry, my original post shoulf have said Doug Nye has the Geoff Goddard Collection under the Grand Prix Archive, but I think he may have bought some of Ted's?

Be worth asking, as even if he didn't, he might know who did (other than Pete!)

Al
zbarbera

Post by zbarbera »

This would explain why the last few times I tried to get in touch with Ted, I got nothing in response :)

Someone mentioned he may well have 289 JOB somewhere in the archive. Also pics of Rob Selby's Mini7 car I posted about.
7, March 1963 Austin Cooper 1071 S
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

He should be popping into work next week I’ll ask him if he has any mini stuff left.
D
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

kit of bits wrote:He should be popping into work next week I’ll ask him if he has any mini stuff left.
D
Many thanks, let us know what you find out.
Pete

Post by Pete »

zbarbera wrote:This would explain why the last few times I tried to get in touch with Ted, I got nothing in response :)

Someone mentioned he may well have 289 JOB somewhere in the archive. Also pics of Rob Selby's Mini7 car I posted about.
If you remember the image/print I offered you a while back of 288 JOB, that was one of Ted’s!
zbarbera

Post by zbarbera »

Pete wrote:
zbarbera wrote:This would explain why the last few times I tried to get in touch with Ted, I got nothing in response :)

If you remember the image/print I offered you a while back of 288 JOB, that was one of Ted’s!
Nice! Someone else mentioned he might have a pic of it later in life as a rally car.
7, March 1963 Austin Cooper 1071 S