mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CARPETS AGAIN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:42 pm 

I have samples of the greys and the red on their way...will update the thread with my comments when they arrive.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 am 

360gts wrote:
mk1 wrote:
The BAS "Heritage" grey carpet is a good quality carpet that is a fair colour match for original pile grey carpet but is thicker & of much better quality.

http://www.car-hood.co.uk/heritage

Thanks Mark....anyone have experience with the red version??

Dermott, I updated the other thread with red BAS carpet info.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19999&p=191839#p191839

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:51 pm 

Finally received a couple of sample from BAS....the mail is terrible now!
Anyway, Rebecca sent me a red and a grey....the red is really close.....be happy with that. The grey is much lighter than the grey in my 67 S's....that is a lot darker....can anyone tell me if a 64 S with a grey carpet is lighter than the post 66 cars with grey carpets?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 pm 

I also have just received my Grey sample , and as you say its much lighter than my original grey from my 66 Cooper

I did email Rebecca and she said they are looking at making a darker grey , so fingers crossed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 pm 

My sample says Flock carpet Grey...is that the same one you received?
Cheers
D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 am 
Site Admin

The grey is lighter than original. I have already sent them samples of an original NOS carpet that they may try & match in the future. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Personally speaking, I reckon the new BAS grey is many times better than any other option & although not exactly the same as original is very attractive & as close as it "needs" to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 am 

360gts wrote:
My sample says Flock carpet Grey...is that the same one you received?
Cheers
D

Yes it’s the grey flock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:00 am 

mk1 wrote:
The grey is lighter than original. I have already sent them samples of an original NOS carpet that they may try & match in the future. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Personally speaking, I reckon the new BAS grey is many times better than any other option & although not exactly the same as original is very attractive & as close as it "needs" to be.

I was really impressed with the quality and close to original, shame the colour is off

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:54 pm 

STG95F wrote:
mk1 wrote:

I was really impressed with the quality and close to original, shame the colour is off

Have to agree....really top notch quality....this is the grey Rebecca sent me....definitely not the same as the above sample! Have a picture of this sample compared to a 67 carpet. Darker one is the original.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm 

360gts wrote:
STG95F wrote:
mk1 wrote:

Have to agree....really top notch quality....this is the grey Rebecca sent me....definitely not the same as the above sample! Have a picture of this sample compared to a 67 carpet. Darker one is the original.

I think it maybe the light with the photo i took , BAS sample is a lot lighter ( same as you were sent ) than my original from my 66 car