mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 pm 

I had a good time there in the sun. Thanks for sharing some photos of my midnight blue Radford MMM969C. I met Richard Plant who remembers working on the car in the 1970s for Lord Sherborne. They're all different aren't they? It's going to be a battle rebuilding this one but I'll give it a good shot.

Here's a snap of the only Radford on display which has the early recessed Radford reversing light.Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I can start finding detail parts like this then I'll be happy!

Peter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 pm 

Ringo's Hooper had the opposite. The reversing light on that car is attached to the rear valance but positioned to mask a box that protudes down through the rear valance from the boot floor and the box itself houses the washer bottle for the rear screen.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 pm 

Got back yesterday after a long weekender. 8-) Cadged a lift with a mate in his mini. Left Toon just after lunch on Friday arriving at Brockenhurst in time to pitch the tents and squeeze a couple of cheeky pints in. Oh, and watch the Senior TT. ;) Potched about Saturday down on the coast before some friends arrived and we headed into town. Curry house rammed as usual but we’d booked a table so didn’t have to wait and the food wasn’t bad either. Cloudy start to the show on Sunday but the sun came out after lunch frying us all to the usual Bulee crisp! :lol: Good turnout for the show and seemed to be a good mix of ages. Enoyed catching up with some old mini mates I hadn’t seen in a while. Trunk traders area busy and seemed to be some nice items up for grabs. Plenty of eye candy car-wise too, as folk will have seen from the pics. After the show headed back to the campsite, via the Balmer Lawn for a beer, before grabbing a pizza at the Huntsman. The following morning, we then headed back to Toon via a couple of stop offs to break the journey up. All in all, a great weekend and an enjoyable, well organised, event. I can’t be doing with this driving all the way down just to spend a few hours there before driving back though - utter madness. :roll: Niall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 pm 

Thanks for sharing the pics chaps.
I notice UWL 744K in the background, interesting blue 1275 GT rally car that I believe was for sale fairly recently in the Cooperworld classifieds. Does anyone know if it sold, and who owns it now ?......and did anyone take pics ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 pm 

Well spotted Dave! UWL was pictured and featured in the book Mini Cooper and S many years ago. An impressive Clubman!

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 am 

UWL 744K is a preproduction Clubman 1275GT that was prepared for the Duckhams Race Series at BL Cowley .. it is one of 3 factory cars that were prepared for that race series .. later it was sold on by BL & then road registered & prepared as a Rally Car for the European Rally Series.. car is just as it finished the last rally donkeys years ago, i think there is circa 30k Miles on the clock there is also a large past history file.
If you have interest with a serious offer to buy,your welcome to pm me & i can pass your info on to my Brother who is selling due to health issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am 

Polarsilver wrote:
UWL 744K is a preproduction Clubman 1275GT that was prepared for the Duckhams Race Series at BL Cowley .. it is one of 3 factory cars that were prepared for that race series .. later it was sold on by BL & then road registered & prepared as a Rally Car for the European Rally Series.. car is just as it finished the last rally donkeys years ago, i think there is circa 30k Miles on the clock there is also a large past history file.
If you have interest with a serious offer to buy,your welcome to pm me & i can pass your info on to my Brother who is selling due to health issues.

Thanks Polarsilver, you have PM

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm 

spoon.450 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the pics chaps.
I notice UWL 744K in the background, interesting blue 1275 GT rally car that I believe was for sale fairly recently in the Cooperworld classifieds. Does anyone know if it sold, and who owns it now ?......and did anyone take pics ?

My ex-rally bud bought it in the late nineties. It was px'd by the previous owner for a TVR. Didn't know it had moved on
We did a few Ilkley Jubilee classic rallies in it in the early 2000's and decided we'd lost our 'sparkle' due to maturing years.
Attached is a bit of info about its last international event. There's a full write up in the June '86 CAR magazine. The original rally decals were subsequently removed to comply with rally car regs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:46 pm 

:o Many thanks for the pictures :D :D :D

Kees.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm 

Disappointed not to have made it but thanks for the pics too. Inspiration to get my 1071 moving along ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next