mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm 

Fred's Carabus hatchback seemed to be the talk of the show from what I hear...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm 

I wonder how well the traders got on ? . It didn't seem to me that people were spending as in previous years . Fred had a great pitch with some nice bits for sale . The concours seemed down on entrants this year , certainly for the older minis . Won my class and a shiny trophy ! Couldn't fail really as I was the only one in it :lol: . The Radfords were interesting , great line up of them . .. Mini of the show for me was Nick hunters vortz mini ... ken

70 1275 GT
246 Ferrari Dino ...........sold
997 Porsche turbo
MPI modified
Transit van
Minisprint Trickett

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:32 pm 

So for those of us not in the know, what’s the story with Fred’s hatchback ?

Mini 1380 SKH595B
Mini Historic Rally DJJ266H

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_0107.jpg
Attachment:
IMG_0106.jpg
Attachment:
IMG_0100.jpg
Attachment:
IMG_0105.jpg

found these cowley press photos ..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm 

A small selection of my photos are posted below. Not been to Beaulieu for a couple of years but it was worth the trip just to see the unique line up of Coachbuilt Minis, also great to meet and have a chat with Frank (the Count) at last and sit in the comfy leather drivers seat of his superbly restored Oyler Contessa! 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 pm 

Maybe next year, members of the Mk1 performance forum that are attending ought to wear a small, little, discreet badge for other forumers to recognise. I would certainly have liked to put names top some of the faces. Met up with a couple. What about next year Mark, a little stick-on or pin-on badge with a Mk1 performance logo for our T shirt. Those going send a SAE to you and a badge with your forum 'tag' comes back by return.

The Count was a very nice bloke, real old time panel beater, as was the bloke from Chippenham restoring the ex cop Mini van.

Definite NON P.C. story coming up. When I was a cop in Newbury during the late 70's, we had a couple of mini vans in the usual matt grey primer and one of the unmarked ones* was allocated to the WPC's who used it to.........., well, nobody really knows what they did excvpt use it for doing their shopping. Anyway, it didn't take more that a few days before this particular mini van was christened ............., you've got it ............. The dog van!
*unmarked, except for the UHF give-away aerial on the rear C post, radio set speaker and handset screwed into the dash, extra ammeter and not so discreet POLICE STOP sign in the offside rear window.

Incidentally Skippy 68, your photos (above) were taken at a small village niot far from here that was used by the P&PR dept at Cowley for these shots. Used by MG too. The house is still there today. Oh yes, it's Clifton Hampden,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm 

Hipwell wrote:
Andrew1967 wrote:
I hear that the Norfolk ringer had an ‘S’ project for sale there :roll:

It was on eBay to last night.

Post a link, I want to see if I saw the car at Beaulieu. Found it and yes I saw it
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-Mk1-Austin-Mini-Cooper-S-1275cc-Project-with-V5-and-Heritage-Certificate/253681112861?hash=item3b1092971d:g:qnQAAOSwx95bHSlj

I had a good time, nice day out for me, 100 miles each way a picnic and spent all my pocket money so I was happy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm 

The Count must have got fed up with the amount of us introducing ourselves :lol: , it was very nice to meet you and see the car (and the other lady in your life) :D, I did enjoy the coachbuilt display this year

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 pm 

Thanks for the info Peter ..

nice to know ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 pm 

billycooper wrote:
So for those of us not in the know, what’s the story with Fred’s hatchback ?

Watch this to the end Steve...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHoPqcxaRcg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next