mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm
Posts: 1243
Location: Abingdon Oxfordshire
I think that the amount of S's registered over the last 10 years is due to to the amount of former owners/users who had, used and abused them when they were cheap ( yes they were, relatively.....) in the 80's have used them until they failed, usually the MoT and left them in their garage under the well worn misguided, delusional guise of '........I'm going to restore that one day. It'll be worth a fortune'. But they never did and never do and probably never could either. But in the 2000's when they took off and gathered cult status AND value, they started to sell them of to the people who could and would. As we see.........

Happened to me today. Sat having a drink outside my Country local, the Dog House and oldish bloke came over to me asking if it was my S in the car park. I'd seen him looking at it. Got talking and he's had a (tartan?) red H 998 in his garage since he put it there after it failed the MoT for steering and drive shafts in the later 70's or early 80's. Yep.........., he's going to restore it one day. Same old bollocks and he never will. To be honest, looking at the size of him, he probably couldn't fit in! But I'm going to see it next week.

That's why more and more are slowly coming onto the registers. Is there room for a little, lowly Red Mk2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:59 pm
Posts: 1459
Location: sheffield
Peter
You might want to edit your post before he comes on here :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Posts: 30
Peter Laidler wrote:
I think that the amount of S's registered over the last 10 years is due to to the amount of former owners/users who had, used and abused them when they were cheap ( yes they were, relatively.....) in the 80's have used them until they failed, usually the MoT and left them in their garage under the well worn misguided, delusional guise of '........I'm going to restore that one day. It'll be worth a fortune'. But they never did and never do and probably never could either. But in the 2000's when they took off and gathered cult status AND value, they started to sell them of to the people who could and would. As we see.........

Happened to me today. Sat having a drink outside my Country local, the Dog House and oldish bloke came over to me asking if it was my S in the car park. I'd seen him looking at it. Got talking and he's had a (tartan?) red H 998 in his garage since he put it there after it failed the MoT for steering and drive shafts in the later 70's or early 80's. Yep.........., he's going to restore it one day. Same old bollocks and he never will. To be honest, looking at the size of him, he probably couldn't fit in! But I'm going to see it next week.

That's why more and more are slowly coming onto the registers. Is there room for a little, lowly Red Mk2


This is unusual, and to be be honest not my point
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/a ... i_cooper_s

My original point was about an innocenti being as much fun as a 1275s .....

We all value an unmolested, unrestored car this says a lot...really not trying to be contentious


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 am
Posts: 299
The Innocenti makes the British stuff look a bit rough and ready. Back in the day they were much more desirable because they were decently built and far more stylish. The engine had lots of nice bits like the lighter con rods and the whole car appears to have had thought put into manufacture.

Still my favourite Mini. The fact that they're so much cheaper than British stuff is one of life's little mysteries. And yes, it's a real Cooper. I remember seeing these in France in the seventies and they just looked so exotic compared to the miserable specimens Longbridge made at the time.

P&L Minis had a stunning dark metallic brown one 3-4 years ago that struggled to make 10 grand. The car was arrow straight and original bar some (very good) restoration work. Or you could pay 3-4 times as much for a UK logbook job. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Posts: 30
Costafortune wrote:
The Innocenti makes the British stuff look a bit rough and ready. Back in the day they were much more desirable because they were decently built and far more stylish. The engine had lots of nice bits like the lighter con rods and the whole car appears to have had thought put into manufacture.

Still my favourite Mini. The fact that they're so much cheaper than British stuff is one of life's little mysteries. And yes, it's a real Cooper. I remember seeing these in France in the seventies and they just looked so exotic compared to the miserable specimens Longbridge made at the time.

P&L Minis had a stunning dark metallic brown one 3-4 years ago that struggled to make 10 grand. The car was arrow straight and original bar some (very good) restoration work. Or you could pay 3-4 times as much for a UK logbook job. :lol:


Agreed, and nice dash......albeit the clock face slightly the wrong-way :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm
Posts: 1243
Location: Abingdon Oxfordshire
While I'm not the brightest light in the linguistic box, due to my distinct lack of scholastic achievement, exminiman, you distinctly asked '....... ....have you ever noticed how amount of Ss registered have increased over last 10 years or so......'. And in all good faith, I gave what I thought was a reasonable reply/answer to the question! What point have I missed? Well, I tried......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Posts: 2880
Location: 't Gooi the Netherlands
Spider wrote:
I suspect too, that the Inno cars may not be viewed as being as valuable as they have little (any?) competition pedigree, a bit like the 998 Coopers.

Did the Inno cars ever come in RHD?


NO :!: :!:

Kees.

_________________
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Downton Sport40 1999 replica. NOW FOR SALE !
Mini Mk3 1974 for Downtoning it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Posts: 30
Peter Laidler wrote:
While I'm not the brightest light in the linguistic box, due to my distinct lack of scholastic achievement, exminiman, you distinctly asked '....... ....have you ever noticed how amount of Ss registered have increased over last 10 years or so......'. And in all good faith, I gave what I thought was a reasonable reply/answer to the question! What point have I missed? Well, I tried......


Honestly, not an important issue for me, in the end we are probably both right, more Ss being resurrected due to being more topical and more V5 darlings being created because of surge in value.....cheers


Last edited by Exminiman on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am
Posts: 30
Just out of intrest, Its a bit tame but this is pathe news vid of Italian workers when BL closed innocent in 1976 in italy!

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/VLVA ... +innocenti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Innocenti
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 pm
Posts: 379
Competition history yes, the Innocent Trophy ran for 4/5 years

Attachment:
16143160_10211349602593928_2062616488760178018_n.jpg


Attachment:
16265417_10211350218009313_1378532662503108767_n.jpg


my own car

Attachment:
015 sml.jpg


and Sergio Falconi's

Attachment:
7039_681861161846544_623230107_n.jpg


Is it a real Cooper, I think it is, the cars were made when the British cars were built using British Engines, boxes and running gear. In my experience Mini enthusiasts do not understand Innocenti, this was highlighted to me when I showed my car at Beaulieu on the MK1 site a few years ago, there was little to no interest shown in the car.

Attachment:
lfx beaulieu 2015.jpg


Having owned 5, and the one I have today has been with me since 1979. I am a fan and have been since I first saw one in 1972.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Localized by Maël Soucaze © 2010 phpBB.fr