mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 am 
Site Admin

WIN A PLACE AT BLYTON 5.

Sadly AustinSuperSeven won't be able to take up his track place at this years Blyton.

However, he has very kindly offered to auction this much sought after track place with all proceeds going to Cancer Research UK.

The auction will run for 2 weeks from today. So will close at 8am on Tuesday 1st of May. Allowing plenty of time to sort things out before the weekend.

If you wanted a place at this years Blyton but missed out here's your chance to get a much sought after place & make a serious donation to our charity too.

Please feel free to bid by posting in this thread, the place will go to the highest bidder at 8.00am on the 1st.

Good luck & dig deep.

Mark F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 am 

A great idea and generous offer.

To get things moving I'll offer £100. I'll take my Frogeye again so get bidding unless you want me to spoil the party, might even take Mel's knackered Corsa :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:02 pm 

I know a Frogeye has an A series engine but there is a limit and it is a Mini event so I'll bid £110.
Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:56 pm 

Whilst we're on the subject of the charity collection, I'm going to close last year's Justgiving page through which we raised almost £2K last year for Cancer Research UK, so well done to everyone who helped out, donated and took part. I'll be opening a new one for this year very soon so everyone can see what's been raised. Justgiving send the proceeds directly to the charity so is the most transparent way to collect.
This year we won't have John and Jan collecting as they'll be out and about elsewhere enjoying themselves but the collection buckets will be in operation on the gate and will be emptied and counted on the day, then added to the online collection.

Here's the collection from 2017, there was a small addition to this recently so the total is actually £2000. Thank you!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:20 pm 

pete

have you decided which charity we are supporting this year?

rich

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 pm 

rich@minispares.com wrote:
pete

rich

Its Cancer Research UK again this time. Some of the research projects they do with this money are making real differences in the fight against cancer, something most of us have been touched by in some way I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 pm 

Pete wrote:
pete

rich

Its Cancer Research UK again this time. Some of the research projects they do with this money are making real differences in the fight against cancer, something most of us have been touched by in some way I'm sure.

Only last week did i lose a good mate , Aged 68 to that wretched disease, Dig deep lads .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:18 pm 

Good

And let's hope that those arse holes who thought it was funny to drive straight in last year without the decencry to throw a few quid into the buckets feel guilty enough to either not bother turning up this year, or at least turn up and make it right this year!

That was shameful behavior

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 pm 

Pete wrote:
This year we won't have John and Jan collecting as they'll be out and about elsewhere enjoying themselves but the collection buckets will be in operation on the gate and will be emptied and counted on the day, then added to the online collection.

I'm happy to take a turn on the gate, Pete.

(but be warned folks, as my colleague is currently getting chemo for Prostate cancer, if anyone drives past without making a donation, I WILL chase you down and belt you with the bucket!)

Al

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 pm 

Good

And let's hope that those arse holes who thought it was funny to drive straight in last year without the decencry to throw a few quid into the buckets feel guilty enough to either not bother turning up this year, or at least turn up and make it right this year!

That was shameful behavior

I didn't know that anyone drove in without making a donation Rich :o , Fukin low life , Don't they have any SHAME . As Pandora says , he will chase YOU down and BRAY you on the HEAD with the BUCKET , so be warned , don't put in the bucket , don't FUKIN come.

GOFF