General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
migliacars

Post by migliacars »

Just turned 37 fook knows were the time has gone I was 24 last week im sure.

On the plus side I can still pass for 31 on a nite out in town.

But feel 51 in the morning!

johnv

Re: age

Post by johnv »

You’ll get no sympathy here ;)
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 project

ivor badger 2

Post by ivor badger 2 »

Its ok, 47 arrives tomorrow and 57 at lunch time the following day

zbarbera

Post by zbarbera »

Haha. Yeah, no sympathy here either. I'll be 47 this year and I swear it was only a year or two years ago that I was 37.
7, March 1963 Austin Cooper 1071 S

olddave

Post by olddave »

zbarbera wrote:Haha. Yeah, no sympathy here either. I'll be 47 this year and I swear it was only a year or two years ago that I was 37.
You youngsters have nothing to worry about. Just wait till your brain slows down, your bones ache through hours laid on concrete floors and every job on the car takes 3 times longer than it did 30 years ago :?

Add to that the bonus of thinking whether the project you started will ever be finished whilst you're in a fit and capable state to drive it.

When I was a lad I had knobblies on my car not on the palms of my hands :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hanlminiman

Post by hanlminiman »

Old Dave - with auxiliary lamps at the correct height for the period! Brings back happy memories of a discussion with a scrutineer who measured the height of our lights from the top of the kerb!
Those were the days. Retrieved my 1972 competition licence from my old man cave today! :lol:

olddave

Post by olddave »

Got a rollocking from the plod for obscuring the stick on number plate. Too tight to buy another I hand painted the one for the front panel :P

ivor badger 2

Post by ivor badger 2 »

olddave wrote:
zbarbera wrote:Haha. Yeah, no sympathy here either. I'll be 47 this year and I swear it was only a year or two years ago that I was 37.
You youngsters have nothing to worry about. Just wait till your brain slows down, your bones ache through hours laid on concrete floors and every job on the car takes 3 times longer than it did 30 years ago :?

Add to that the bonus of thinking whether the project you started will ever be finished whilst you're in a fit and capable state to drive it.

When I was a lad I had knobblies on my car not on the palms of my hands :(
SP44s?

olddave

Post by olddave »

I think so. But then I'm too old to remember :oops: It may come to me at 3 o'clock in the morning, a good time for remembering things I can't remember at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

I've also got some Rally Specials from the 70's. The sidewalls have cracked. Anyone know if the Rubbabild advertised by Halfords works? I need them sorting for Blyton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.