Police Minis

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
minimad

Re: Police Minis

Post by minimad »

Oneball wrote:
minimad wrote:Was recently passed some more pics to go with the ones l've posted in another thread .
We were in Otago at Easter, wonder what the local coppers thought of going from a Valiant to a Mini?

Probably thought they were a lot easier to park in town for one and much easier for nipping around some of those very hilly streets you find in Dunedin too .

mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

My brothers Police Minivan above being used on location in Muswell Hill, London for the filming of a new 3-Part ITV drama about serial killer Dennis Nilsen.
David Tennant will play Nilsen also known as the 'Muswell Hill Murderer' in the three-part ITV series, titled Des, which will follow his trial.
Des will air on ITV in 2020.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 14831.html

Pete

Post by Pete »

Wrexham Police force Minis ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

VERY NICE!
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

fricsman

Post by fricsman »

Pete wrote:Wrexham Police force Minis ...
1967/1968 registrations (CA Denbighshire and JC Caernarfonshire) so Gwynedd Constabulary which was formed from Anglesey, Caernarfonshire, Merionethshire Constabularies in the ‘50s with Flintshire and Denbighshire Constabularies joining in 1967.
Anoraks note, my father had a 1968 Humber Sceptre registered GJC 300G registered in Caernarfon!

Pete

Post by Pete »

Someone on Facebook suggested this Police Moke was from the Scilly Isles? Registration is from Devon in December 1966. Pretty unusual conversion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I think that is a "Barton Hard Top".

Was offered through dealers.
Mark F

66Traveller

Post by 66Traveller »

Pete wrote:Someone on Facebook suggested this Police Moke was from the Scilly Isles? Registration is from Devon in December 1966. Pretty unusual conversion?
Looks a bit like Postman Pat's van with the Barton hardtop... :D

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Doesn't it just.

Not as much as this though.
Mark F

Mcdougle

Post by Mcdougle »

mab01uk wrote:Image

My brothers Police Minivan above being used on location in Muswell Hill, London for the filming of a new 3-Part ITV drama about serial killer Dennis Nilsen.
That's so cool. Not only is it cool your brother's minivan was used, but I'm actually interested in show too. I like Tennant a lot.