mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm 

It's all about the language you speak innit! If u know what I mean brover! Apples & pears, whistle & flute, bankers and "lots of la di dahs & cockneys here!"
:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm 

LDR209H wrote:
Aerkuld wrote:
LDR209H wrote:
The other p*ssboiler is where they create new words by combining two existing ones together. E.g. Synergy (synchronised energy),what a clusterf*ck.

Synergy is an actual word stemming from the Greek words, 'sun' meaning together, and 'ergon' meaning working - Synergia 'working together'

The irony of the thread is the 'English' language is a wild concoction of languages we've inherited from everyone else.

However, I will agree that the use of words such as synergy has become cringeworthy.

My bad. I didn't google it already.

:twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 pm 

Conversate / Conversating / Conversated, is now in the Websters dictionary (US)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 pm 

hanlminiman wrote:
It's all about the language you speak innit! If u know what I mean brover! Apples & pears, whistle & flute, bankers and "lots of la di dahs & cockneys here!"
:D

Keep schtum, park yer Aris', wind yer Gregory in, put on a nice Dicky Dirt and Peckam Rye, check the old father time on yer kettle and poor yerself a nice Vera and philharmonic ;)

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
1994 Jap Mini 1275 Auto 'project 70s backdate'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 pm 

I seem to remember that online ticket sales in UK were banned from adding a Booking Fee.. now with their change of wording today Ticket Factory online booking charge me a "Fulfilment Fee" :o .. time to write to my MP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 am 

Polarsilver wrote:
I seem to remember that online ticket sales in UK were banned from adding a Booking Fee.. now with their change of wording today Ticket Factory online booking charge me a "Fulfilment Fee" :o .. time to write to my MP.

I've just paid a "restoration" fee ontop of some ticket prices.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 pm 

The language thing isn't new, it goes back ages. I was an apprentice in Carlisle during the early 60's and the rest of the blokes were all northerners from the wilds of Geordieland and Cumberland. Me, being a Southerner, the North started at Barnet...., that's where the Northern Line on the underground stopped. It took months just to get the hang of basic Geordie and Cumbrian. If there was a group of them together, they might as well have been speaking Swahili. But I learned later that they were the very best at telling the posh wafflers that they was takkin a lord of hoss-shite..... Great times - and great blokes

Australia was the same........ get a load of conscript Country farm boys in the workshop and I'd be lost....