mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 am 

The thing I can not fathom out is whilst spurting out every buzz word , term and sentance is what the f**k is all this secret sign language the hands are doing :lol:
Politicians are great using it , blair was the first I think / maybe major ?
Even the 2 guys who own the engineering firm I work for spoke to you with their hands in their pockets 15-20 years ago but now have since discovered this secret sign language and use it on every communication which now takes place :lol: :lol:
Nothing like finishing with a flick :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:26 am 

Like, you know :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:34 am 

LDR209H wrote:
The other p*ssboiler is where they create new words by combining two existing ones together. E.g. Synergy (synchronised energy),what a clusterf*ck.

Synergy is an actual word stemming from the Greek words, 'sun' meaning together, and 'ergon' meaning working - Synergia 'working together'

The irony of the thread is the 'English' language is a wild concoction of languages we've inherited from everyone else.

However, I will agree that the use of words such as synergy has become cringeworthy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am 

Aerkuld wrote:
LDR209H wrote:
The other p*ssboiler is where they create new words by combining two existing ones together. E.g. Synergy (synchronised energy),what a clusterf*ck.

Synergy is an actual word stemming from the Greek words, 'sun' meaning together, and 'ergon' meaning working - Synergia 'working together'

The irony of the thread is the 'English' language is a wild concoction of languages we've inherited from everyone else.

However, I will agree that the use of words such as synergy has become cringeworthy.

My bad. I didn't google it already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 am 

Great topic reminds me of the mid 1970's when a colleague had one of these aerosols on his desk! Other makes are available.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am 

Long ago customer Jimmy Jack Crane Hire. had printed up a paper cover that was fitted over the human ear .. printed on these were "Bullshit Deflectors" with his company logo etc; .. my pair of deflectors wore out quite quickley :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:33 pm 

I've been doing some Blue Sky Thinking and also some Thinking Outside of the Box and have come up with this

Attachment:
1-pack-childrens-ear-defenders-513-p.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:38 pm 

I love those subtle ideas, like the bullshit repellent spray and ear mounted bullshit deflectors. Great.......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 pm 

I think like that like the English like language has like gone to the dogs like, especially when English people like talk like with an Australian like accent in this like country. I think like you get my drift like.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:49 pm 

miniseven61 wrote:
I think like that like the English like language has like gone to the dogs like, especially when English people like talk like with an Australian like accent in this like country. I think like you get my drift like.
Ho, ho now I understand why Mark has never installed a 'Like' button on the forum! Smart thinking Mr F!

Graham

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next